PPTX support for the same PPT logic

I have implemented the power point presentation slides using the aspose slides. It is working as expected. But, today I got another requirement that the output should be of PPTX instead of PPT. I thought saving it as PPTX will solve my problem. But, that didn’t.
When i opened the saved pptx file, it is saying corrupted and cannot be opened. So, what to do at this point?
Do I need to change complete logic to save as pptx? Please help me out as soon as possible. This is decision making situation. Hoping this needs less work.

-Praveen.

Hi Praveen,

We regret to inform you that conversion of PPT to PPTX is currently not supported in Aspose.Slides for .NET. Our development team is working on this issue and hopefully by winter the feature may be available. An issue with ID 13419 has already been created in our issue tracking system for the implementation of said feature. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the feature is available. Unfortunately, at this point of time, if you want to switch to PPTX then you may please have to change your logic to support PPTX.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Ok.
Now we have to implement the pptx too. So, can you please tell me what are the main changes to be done to existing logic?
In documentation I found more of the classes with Ex extension. Are they meant for PPTX?
So, what will happen if I replace all Aspose.Slides classes I used in my code with PPTx namespace classes like Presentation class with PresentationEx and Slide with SlideEx?

-Praveen.

Dear Praveen,

Yes, you need to change your logic for PPTX. The classes ending with name "Ex" belong to Aspose.Slides.Pptx and are used for PPTX presentations. Pleas follow the the link 1 and link 2 for code samples in documentation for your further information.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13419) have been partially fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)