PPTX to HTML Conversion in C# Does Not Preserve Embedded Video

When using Slides for .Net to convert a PPTX file to HTML, embedded videos are not included; they render instead as just a dark box with no controls.

Documentation on how to handle video seems to only show how to add a video: Convert PowerPoint to HTML in Java|Aspose.Slides Documentation
or that these need to be handled manually:
PPTX - video will not preserved - #8 by Adnan.Ahmad

Is it possible for Slides to convert the PPTX to HTML and automatically preserve the embedded videos, like it does for images? If it is possible, a short code sample would be very helpful as your documentation does not seem to cover this topic very well. Note that saving the video to a file and linking it, would be acceptable.

@drobinsonudutu,
Thank you for contacting support.

I’ve reproduced the problem with converting PPTX to HTML with video. Please try converting presentations to HTML5 documents like this:

using var presentation = new Presentation("example.pptx");
presentation.Save("output.html", SaveFormat.Html5);

The output documents will contain the video. I hope this will help you. Please let us know if this way does not work for you.

Hi, thanks for the advice. Using the Html5 save format made for some improvement, but still does not fully work. The video is present in the HTML in Base64 format, however neither Edge or Firefox will play the video; a video player is shown with a total video length of zero.

Another issue is that with SaveFormat.Html we can save as individual HTML for each slide, but changing the format to Html5 made each slide appear in the HTML output.

Any advice? I tried uploading the PPTX file but the forum is rejecting it even though zipped it is only 23MB (forum says limit is 50MB).

@drobinsonudutu,
You can save the presentation file to a file storage (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and share a link to the file. Please provide the presentation file. We will then check the problem soon.

Zipped PPTX:

https://udutu249-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/drobinson_udutu_com/EefBTecTWwBJrt7mTU7qmCEBtbFZaSHUzJRyvSrghPK6XA?e=laVBkv

@drobinsonudutu,
Thank you for the sample presentation. I need some time, I will reply to you a bit later.

@drobinsonudutu,
Thank you for your patience. Aspose provides a new HTML export system that allows you to export any MS PowerPoint presentation as a highly customizable HTML/CSS/JS web document. This library could help you solve the problem you encountered.
NuGet Gallery | Aspose.Slides.WebExtensions 21.4.0
GitHub - aspose-slides/Aspose.Slides.WebExtensions: HTML Export Plugin for Aspose.Slides for .NET
New HTML Export System - Aspose.Slides.WebExtensions|Aspose.Slides Documentation
Could you please evaluate this library? We will be waiting for your feedback. We can prepare a code example for the presentation you provided if you want.

Unfortunately this library does not seem to work. The NuGet shows that it requires a very specific outdated version of slides, it did not include the templates by default, and when finally getting it to run it threw an exception on a missing method. Even if it did work, we would not feel great about using something that does not appear to be getting regular updates.

Sorry to be blunt; did I miss something?

@drobinsonudutu,
I’ve added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-43673 to our issue-tracking system. Our development team will investigate the case with wrong exporting the video to an HTML document. You will be notified when a new release of Aspose.Slides with a fix is published.

Could you please share all the necessary data (code, files, etc.) so that we can reproduce and resolve the problem you encountered?