PPTX to HTML - Support for animamations in exported HTML (Java)

Hi Support,
Im using aspose slides java for converting PPT into HTML pages. I found that the images inside the generated slides gets low quality when converted. Is there a way to retain as the original image?

@shruthy,

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please share the source presentation along with generated output. Please first also try using latest Aspose.Slides 19.4 on your end as well.

Hi,

I converted using Aspose 19.4 version. But the output is the same and also if one equation is coming inside the slide, whole slide is getting converted into an image. Kindly help on the issue. I already sent source and output files for your reference.

Thanks,

Shruthy. B

@shruthy,

I have observed your comments. I am unable to observe any attachment in the thread. Can you please verify the same again on your end.

Hi,

Hereby Im attaching the source and output files.

Thanks,
Shruthy. Bsourcefile.jpg (41.2 KB)
output.png (102.0 KB)

@shruthy,

I have observed the images shared by you. I requested you to please share the source presentation and generated output HTML with us. Please share the requested information along with used sample code.

Hi,
Hereby I attached source PPT, sample code and converted HTML files for your reference. Kindly do the needful as soon as possible. Waiting for your quick response.

Note:
Issues are discussed at the 6th Slide in PPT.

Thanks,
Shruthy. BSample Data.zip (1.5 MB)

@shruthy,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe the overlapping text for equations in exported HTML and thumbnails. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-37647 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Hi,
There are few more issues mentioned in that PPT. Please go through that and respond as soon as possible.
Here the list of issues for your ref:
1.Overlapping
2. Image quality loss
3. Position offset
4. Symbol or Subscript misalignment
5. If one equation appears in the slide, whole slide is converting to an image.

Thanks,
Shruthy. B

@shruthy,

I have observed your comments and request you to please point the afore mentioned issues in their respective slides with us so that we are on same page and nothing gets missed.

Hi,
I have mentioned issues in the notes section. Please refer it and respond as soon as possible. And i want to know whether the product has slide animation and transition feature.

Other issues:

If an external file is attached inside the slide, its not seen in the converted HTML file. Instead of that, only linked image is appearing.

No Images are generated if the used shapes are not aligned properly. i.e. alignment of front and back.

Thanks,
Shruthy. B

Sample Data.zip (1.5 MB)

@shruthy,

We have added following issues on the basis of issues specified in generated HTML slide 6.

• SLIDESJAVA-37647 has been created to resolve: If equation and text is appearing combined, equations and symbols are misaligned on slide 2
  • SLIDESJAVA-37651 has been created to resolve: If text and equations are in a different block, i.e. text block, overlapping issue occurs on Slide 3
  • SLIDESJAVA-37652 has been created to resolve: Using Tab key instead of Spacebar key results in subscript misalignment on slide 4
  • SLIDESJAVA-37653 has been created to resolve: If one formula is inserted as an equation, the entire slide is converted to an image on slide 2
  • SLIDESJAVA-37654 has been created to resolve: Image quality reduction on slide 5

The support for transitions or animations is unavailable in exported HTML at the moment and an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-35760 has already been added in our issue tracking system as new feature request.

I request you to please provided example for this issue along with generated output so that we may log this issue as well in our issue tracking system.

This thread has been linked with the issues so that you may be notified once the issues will be fixed.

Hi,

I have attached sample source file, sample code and output file for the following issues:
  1. If an external file is attached inside the slide, its not seen in the converted HTML file. Instead of
    that, only linked image is appearing. Refer: Slide1.html

2. No Images are generated if the used shapes are not aligned properly. i.e. alignment of front and
    back. Refer: Slide2.html

Can we expect some kind of timeline for all the issues including the above mentioned issues, since we already using this in a project and stuck with these issues.

Thanks,
Shruthy. B
Data.zip (51.1 KB)

@shruthy,

An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-37655 has been created to investigate and resolve the issue.

This is not an issue. Aspose.Slides renders the slide to HTML what is appearing on slide. It does not extract the embedded OLE or other objects while exporting to HTML.

The issue that you have reported have just been created in our issue tracking system and are pending in issues queue. They will be considered for investigation and resolution on their due turn. We request for your patience and will share good news with you as soon as the issues will be fixed.

Hi,
Whether the GIF image can be converted to HTML??? When I try to attach GIF image, it only get exported to PNG image. I have attached source PPT, sample code and output file.

Thanks,
Shruthy. B
TestData.zip (135.5 KB)

@shruthy,

Can you please elaborate that you mean to say that GIF is added in presentation but when it rendered to HTML, it is in PNG format. Right? If this is your requirement then I like to add here that Aspose.Slides renders that to PNG and it is not a n issue. The other option that you can try and see for your self is to export the presentation to HTML by saving CSS and Images when exporting to HTML.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-37654) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-37651) have been fixed in this update.

Hi,
The issue (filed as SLIDESJAVA-37654) is not working out. Still the image quality is less as in the old version. Kindly do the needful.

Note: Can I know when the animation/transition feature be included as it is a critical requirement.

Thanks,
Shruthy. B

@shruthy

Can you please try to use following sample code on your end and share feedback with us.

ResponsiveHtmlController rescontroller = new ResponsiveHtmlController();
HtmlOptions htmlOptions = new HtmlOptions();
htmlOptions.setHtmlFormatter(HtmlFormatter.createCustomFormatter(rescontroller));
htmlOptions.setPicturesCompression(PicturesCompression.DocumentResolution);
htmlOptions.setJpegQuality((byte)100);