PPTX to PDF conversion not correct

Hi, We’ve been testing the latest vers of Aspose Total for .NET, and it’s worked well except in one area.

When trying to convert from PPTX to PDF we find there are issues with the quality of graphics rendering and also missing text.

If I convert the PPTX to PPT (using Office 2010) and then convert the PPT with Aspose to PDF the result is perfect. (However, the solution we are implemented requires support for PPTX). I’ve attached the source PPTX and the converted PDF.

I also tried performing an intermediate step of converting the PPTX to PPT with Slides v6.3, but I’m told the PPTX-PPT conversion is not supported.

Can anyone give any clues on how to get around this? It looks like PPTX conversion in Slides v6.3.0.0 is pretty much broken.

Bruce.

Hi Bruce,

I have observed the presentation file shared by you along with the generated PDF. There are two issues that I have observed. One is related to wrong caps style of Slide Ttle placeholder. i.e. “Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet” has been rendered in normal caps instead of all caps. Second issue is related to missing SmartArt shape on slide 2. I like to share that SmartArt rendering is not fully supported in Aspose.Slides at the moment and that is why it failed to render. Please share that if these are two issue that you have on your end. If there are some other issues then please highlight them for our reference so that both of us are on same page while resolving the issues. Please also share the sample code that you have used for PDF generation.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

The two problems are:

1 - Missing text in the chart
2 - The logo in the bottom-right corner of each page appears ‘jaggy’ in the PDF.

I didn’t notice any problem with the caps style on the titles.

The code I used to perform the conversion was very simple:

Dim pres As Object = Nothing

If (System.IO.Path.GetExtension(inFile).ToLower = “.pptx”) Then
pres = New PresentationEx(inFile)
Else
pres = New Presentation(inFile)
End If

pres.Save(outFile, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf)

Thanks, Bruce.

Hi Bruce,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue of improper SmartArt rendering on Slide 2. I feel you may be considering it to be chart. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-33511 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. I have also observed the issue in logo image at the bottom right corner of slides in exported PDF. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-33512 has been created to resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issues so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33511) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33512) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by mudassir.fayyaz

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33513) have been fixed in this update.