We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PPTX to PDF Conversion Taking Long Duration

Hi,

I am converting a PPTX document to PDF format and its taking long duration.
For 12 slides presentation, the PDF conversion is taking 22 seconds (approx.) and for 61 slides presentation, its taking 66 seconds (approx.).

The code snippet is given below:

Presentation pres = new Presentation(“Creating Report Package.pptx”);
pres.save(“Creating Report Package.pdf”,SaveFormat.Pdf);

Please suggest me some way by which this PDF conversion time can be reduced.

Thanks,
Praneeth

Hi Praneeth,

I have observed the statistics shared by you and request you to please share the sample presentations with us along with machine specifications that you are using on your end. I will investigate and compare the results with that of mine machine to verify if the statistics achieved on your end are in accordance with API or there is some under performance.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

I have attached the sample presentation with this reply.

The machine details are given below:

Oracle Linux 5 (Intel 64-bit, Developer)

Architecture: x86_64

RAM Details:
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 15600 10397 5202 0 778 5612
-/+ buffers/cache: 4007 11592
Swap: 10047 60 9986

Please find the attachment.

Thanks
Praneeth

Hi Praneeth,

I have observed and worked with the presentation file shared by you. The shared presentation has images inside it. Actually, the rendering depends upon the number of slides and contents inside the slide. The more is content especially the multimedia content the more is the rendering time required for PDF export. I also like to add here that we are continually working over improvement of API performance especially rendering area and these things may further get improved in coming releases.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Could you please let us know if there is another faster way of rendering the content of presentation if we do not use PDF format.

Thanks
Praneeth

Hi Praneeth,

You can try generating the slide thumbnails in image form if it suits your need. Please visit this documentation link for your kind reference in this regard.

Many Thanks,