PPTX to PDF - Limiting PDF pages

Hi,

Is there a way to limit the amount of PDF pages produced during a conversion to PDF? I’m looking for the same function as PdfSaveOptions setPageCount found in Aspose Words. I can’t find this option in Slides Does it exist?

Thanks.

@simon.wiseman,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that Aspose.Slides offers to set the specific slides to PDF. You can select number of slides that you require to export to PDF. Please visit this documentation link for your convenience.

Thanks for the quick reply, your suggestion works, however there is a problem. If I enter a page into the array that doesn’t exist in the original document (say my PDF page limit is 10, yet the presentation only has 7 slides), the conversion will fail as it won’t be able to find slides 8, 9 and 10. I’m looking for a more general solution. I would like to be able to set an upper bound for the amount of pages produced in the PDF and anything after this bound is cut off, yet if the document is less than the upper limit, then it will convert all the slides. This is the functionality of setPageCount in Words. It would be preferable to have this feature in Aspose Slides.

@simon.wiseman,

For your requirements, you need to have a workaround approach. It is not possible that you may set number of output pages in PDF and expect the desired slides to get render on PDF pages and empty pages for rest of cases (like in your case 8, 9 and 10) may be empty. What you can do in this regard is to add empty slides in presentation for which you want to render blank pages. This way, when the will be rendered in exported PDF, they will be rendered as empty pages. Your requirement is neither an issue or missing support in Aspose.Slides. However, you can achieve this using shared workaround.