PPTX to SVG: Text Outline Rendering (C# .NET)

Does Aspose.Slides have any support planned for Text Outline rendering when exporting slides to SVG?

Currently text outlines are not rendered during export.

I am using Aspose.Slides for .NET from Nuget version 20.3.0.

@asides,

Can you please provide the details of your requirements that you are expecting in Aspose.Slides to offer you.

Microsoft PowerPoint supports Text Outlines - different color lines that surround text characters:

When I render slides with this feature to SVG these Text Outlines are not shown:

I am requesting that the SVG Export method properly render text outlines.

@asides,

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please share the source file with outline text along with generated SVG having issue on your end. We will be able to proceed further with investigation on our end on provision of requested information.

Apologies for the delayed response.

Attached are a few files:

1. An example PowerPoint file with Text Outlining:
    Presentation1.zip (30.8 KB)
  2. An example PNG rendered by PowerPoint that correctly shows Text Outlining:
    Presentation1.png (571.0 KB)
  3. An example SVG rendered by Aspose.Slides that does not show any Text Outlining:
    1.svg.zip (956 Bytes)

Code used to generate the SVG with Aspose.Slides:

using System;
using System.IO;

using Aspose.Slides;
using Aspose.Slides.Export;

namespace SlideSvgExportDemo
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            string desktop_path = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.Desktop);
            using (Presentation presentation = new Presentation(Path.Combine(desktop_path, "Presentation1.pptx")))
            {
                SVGOptions svg_options = new SVGOptions()
                {
                    Disable3DText = false,
                    JpegQuality = 100,
                    PicturesCompression = PicturesCompression.Dpi330,
                    VectorizeText = false
                };
                ISlide slide = presentation.Slides[0];

using (FileStream svg_file = new FileStream(Path.Combine(desktop_path, $"{slide.SlideNumber}.svg"), FileMode.Create))
                {
                    slide.WriteAsSvg(svg_file, svg_options);
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

@arbiter01,

I have observed the issue shared by you and a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-41887 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

@mudassir.fayyaz Thank you!

@arbiter01,

You are welcome.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-41887) have been fixed in this update.