Pptx to XPS Converstion - Resource file names

Dear support team,

I’d like to ask, if it’s possible to force the XPS-export-function to use unique font names for the resources for every export (each time a new GUID as file name) like PowerPoint.

We have a very special handling of XPS pages within our WPF application. To be able to create visuals from a XPS page we save it as XAML in another thread and use the string value to create a visual within the UI thread. To be able to use the fonts, we are replacing all links to resources with absolute paths pointing to the XPS file. The problem here is, that WPF seems to have a font cache, so if we update the underlying XPS and this new XPS contains characters that are not in the initial referenced font file, these characters can’t be displayed correctly, because the URI to the font file within the XPS hasn’t changed.

With Powerpoint this problem doesn’t exist, because Powerpoint uses a newly created GUID for every font file at every export, so the URI to the font files within the XPS package is never the same.

Another option would be to export the complete font, not only the uses glyphes.

Thank’s for your time.

Hi Daniel,

I have tried to observe the requirements shared by you and unfortunately have not been able to completely understand them. Can you please reiterate the problem statement and share the requirement in the form of snapshot and generated output that what capability you are actually looking for in Aspose.Slides. A subset of your query that I have understand is that you probably need to set some default font for rendering. If this is your requirement then please visit this thread link for your convenience.

Many Thanks,

Hello Mudassir,

<span style=“font-size:12.0pt;font-family:“Times New Roman”,“serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:DE;mso-fareast-language:
DE;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>
mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:DE;mso-fareast-language:
DE;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>the XPS is a package, like PPTX which contains different files. If you open an XPS with a ZIP program you’ll find a folder named “Resources”. Within this folder, there are i.e. font files with the extension “.odttf”. The name of these font files is typically a GUID.
DE;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>
If I save an PPTX with Powerpoint as XPS, these font names are always different (at least with office 2013), regardles how often I export the same PPTX. Here an examlpe:
"311845B8-2E61-3CF9-C66F-D225C8194637.odttf"

If I use Aspose Slides to save an XPS, the Font-Name is always the same ie.:
"fb68cc00-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.odttf"

Our requirement is, that the name of the font-file has to be a real Unique ID for every export like in PowerPoint 2013. The reason for that requirement is hard to describe, as I tried it in my first post. At all it all comes down to a real Unique ID.

Thanks alot for your time.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for the clarification. I have understood the requirement shared. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-34331 in our issue tracking system as new feature request to investigate the possibility of implementing the requested feature. I have linked this thread with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the feature will be available.

Many Thanks,