I am considering your Words/Java product for a project. Wanted to see if I could get some questions answered up front.
- Can I do a global search and replace operation on an existing MS Word document where the search is based on a regular expression?
- Will such a search work across style boundaries, e.g., if I want to search on “some_string” and in the document the letters “some” are in bold but “_string” is not bolded?
- Assuming regular expression searches are allowed, can such a search span multiple paragraphs and/or tables? For example, in a MS Word document, if I have a hard coded string “<<>>”, followed by several paragraphs of text and a table or two, followed by “<<>>”, can I search and replace that in a straightforward way?
- Within an existing table, can I append a row that is an exact copy of the current last row?
- Can I append an entire MS Word doc to an existing MS Word doc? And if so, can the content of the 2nd doc start on the last page of the 1st doc (that is, no page break between 1st and 2nd doc)?