Pre Subscription Renewal Queries

Hello,

We previously had an Aspose words subscription and maybe interested in renewing.

I wonder if you could answer a few questions about your latest Aspose Words release.

The version we had last seemed to have a few issues with word 2007 documents.

Have they been resolved now?

Is word 2007 fully supported now?

What is the minimum version of word supported?

Is it true that a word document can be converted and saved in a different version once loaded into the new Aspose?

i.e. You can load a word 2007 into aspose and save it as a word 2003 or 97 word document.

Can you detect the word version you have loaded into Aspose?

Can you detect Microsoft works files or files that are not supported by Aspose and if so preload or post.

Are errors caused if you try to load a file that is not supported and if so can this type of error be uniquely trapped?

I look forward to your response at your earliest convenience.

This message was posted using Email2Forum by sheliah.

Hi
Thanks for your request.

1. Could you please tell me what problems do you have with DOCX documents? Of course there were many fixes and improvements made in Aspose.Words.
  2. DOCX format is fully supported by Aspose.Words.
  3. MS Word 97 is minimum version supported.
  4. Yes, you can convert Word document to any format supported by Aspose.Words. Please follow the link to learn what formats are supported by Aspose.Words.
    https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/supported-document-formats/
  5. You can detect format of file using DetectFileFormat method.
    https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/fileformatutil/detectfileformat/
  6. No, Aspose.Words does not work with MS Works documents, DetectFileFormat method will return LoadFormat.Unknown in this case.
  7. Aspose.Words throws “Aspose.Words.UnsupportedFileFormatException” exception, so you can handle it.
    Please let me know in case of any issues, I will be glad to assist you.
    Best regards.

Please find below excerpts from three different errors, Can you explain these and
also wether they are fixed in the latest version?
I’ve had to attach errors in a text document
Thanks

Hi
Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your documents and provide me a code example that will allow me to reproduce these problems? I will investigate these issues and provide you more information.
Best regards.