Precise Requirement for our Project

Hello,

could you please tell us if the following requirements are available using your framework:

we would like to know if the following requirements are fulfilled by your framework

TASK 1: Image, PDF, and HTML –Manipulation and Conversion

As I already told you, we are currently using GDI+ .NET in order to:

1. Convert images from one format to another
  2. Read/change/write clipping paths
  3. Create transparent backgrounds in the area outside of clipping paths
  4. Resize
  5. Rotate

In addition to the need to replace GDI+ .NET for all the reasons I explained on the phone, there is additional, related functionality which we required.

1. Create image files (JPEG, PNG, etc.) from HTML.
  2. Create image files (JPEG, PNG, etc.) from HTML.
  3. Analyze (read fields, images) in a PDF, and extract their value.
  4. Create/Edit/Add content/fields in a PDF.

Requirements:

• For the above 9 functionalities, we need:
    Support both for .NET Core and .NET Framework.
  • Thread-safe
  • The libraries should be native .NET and not using GDI+ under the hood in any way.
  • In addition, I would like as few libraries as possible – and if possible, all from the same vendor. I realize that a graphics-oriented package will probably not be able to read/edit/create PDFs, but it would be nice if both packages came from the same vendor.

please give us an answer for each topic

Thanks

@Shomron

I have created a ticket with ID IMAGINGNET-4379 as investigation to internally evaluate the questions shared by you and we will share the feedback with you as soon as the issue will be addressed.

@Shomron

We have analyzed the requirements and advise to consider
a) the set of three products: Aspose.Imaging + Aspose.PDF + Aspose.HTML
or
b) Aspose.Total to mostly meet your requirements with sole exception for today.

We have tried to respond to your questions in order and please find the details below.

Functional requirements :

1) Convert images from one format to another.

Aspose.Imaging provides required functionality between supported images formats. Please refer to this documentation link for your convenience.

2) Read/change/write clipping paths

Aspose.Imaging offers manual image masking for that. Please refer to this documentation link for your convenience.

3) Create transparent backgrounds in the area outside of clipping paths

It could be done in image formats that support transparency using the results of manual image masking.

4) Resize

Aspose.Imaging provides the feature. In order to explore how to resize images, please follow this documentation link.

5) Rotate

Aspose.Imaging provides the feature. You can perform the rotation and I suggest you to please visit this documentation link.

6) Create image files (JPEG, PNG, etc.) from HTML.

Aspose.HTML addresses this requirement and you can read more about it over this documentation section link.

7) Create image files (JPEG, PNG, etc.) from HTML.
Duplicate of 6)

1. Analyze (read fields, images) in a PDF, and extract their value.

Aspose.PDF addresses the requirement. You can refer to Aspose.PDF documentation for your convenience.

1. Create/Edit/Add content/fields in a PDF.

Aspose.PDF addresses the requirement and you can visit this documentation link to serve the purpose.

System requirements :

1) The Support both for .NET Core and .NET Framework.

The APIs support both platforms.

2) Thread-safe

Yes, we care about that and Aspose.Imaging performs regular testing in MTA mode. As any Aspose product is used as the back end of Cloud and Free online applications, I believe that this issue is addressed by Aspose.HTML and Aspose.PDF teams as well, but we’re ready to
double-check that, as we go.

3) The libraries should be native .NET and not using GDI+ under the hood in any way.

• For now, we have not ready to deliver the solution, which not depends on System.Drawing (NET Framework) or System.Drawing.Common (.NET Core). Although we’re working on integration of Aspose.Drawing as an alternative drawing engine, some risks must be addressed to provide this option and we expect to address them within the Q2-Q3 2021 for Aspose.Imaging and other products could come on with this option even later. At the same time, we do not see obstacles to use them AS IS just now.

In addition, I would like as few libraries as possible – and if possible, all from the same vendor

Yes, all our libraries come from the same vendor - Aspose Pty ltd 2001-2021 (https://www.aspose.com/).

Thank you for interest to our products and hope to see you soon.