We have analyzed the requirements and advise to consider
a) the set of three products: Aspose.Imaging + Aspose.PDF + Aspose.HTML
b) Aspose.Total to mostly meet your requirements with sole exception for today.
We have tried to respond to your questions in order and please find the details below.
Functional requirements :
1) Convert images from one format to another.
Aspose.Imaging provides required functionality between supported images formats. Please refer to this documentation link for your convenience.
2) Read/change/write clipping paths
Aspose.Imaging offers manual image masking for that. Please refer to this documentation link for your convenience.
3) Create transparent backgrounds in the area outside of clipping paths
It could be done in image formats that support transparency using the results of manual image masking.
Aspose.Imaging provides the feature. In order to explore how to resize images, please follow this documentation link.
Aspose.Imaging provides the feature. You can perform the rotation and I suggest you to please visit this documentation link.
6) Create image files (JPEG, PNG, etc.) from HTML.
Aspose.HTML addresses this requirement and you can read more about it over this documentation section link.
7) Create image files (JPEG, PNG, etc.) from HTML.
Duplicate of 6)
- Analyze (read fields, images) in a PDF, and extract their value.
Aspose.PDF addresses the requirement. You can refer to Aspose.PDF documentation for your convenience.
- Create/Edit/Add content/fields in a PDF.
Aspose.PDF addresses the requirement and you can visit this documentation link to serve the purpose.
System requirements :
1) The Support both for .NET Core and .NET Framework.
The APIs support both platforms.
Yes, we care about that and Aspose.Imaging performs regular testing in MTA mode. As any Aspose product is used as the back end of Cloud and Free online applications, I believe that this issue is addressed by Aspose.HTML and Aspose.PDF teams as well, but we’re ready to
double-check that, as we go.
3) The libraries should be native .NET and not using GDI+ under the hood in any way.
- For now, we have not ready to deliver the solution, which not depends on System.Drawing (NET Framework) or System.Drawing.Common (.NET Core). Although we’re working on integration of Aspose.Drawing as an alternative drawing engine, some risks must be addressed to provide this option and we expect to address them within the Q2-Q3 2021 for Aspose.Imaging and other products could come on with this option even later. At the same time, we do not see obstacles to use them AS IS just now.
In addition, I would like as few libraries as possible – and if possible, all from the same vendor
Yes, all our libraries come from the same vendor - Aspose Pty ltd 2001-2021 (https://www.aspose.com/).
Thank you for interest to our products and hope to see you soon.