Presales question related to Aspose.Java for PDF

Hi,
Does Aspose.PDF for Java work with JDK 11?

I downloaded aspose-pdf-18.9.jar and ran the jdeps -jdkinternals command. It returned a few warnings related to sun.* packages.

@petarian

Thank you for contacting support.

We would like to update you that Aspose.PDF for Java is currently compatible with JDK 9 and older versions. However, an investigation ticket with ID PDFJAVA-37958 is already logged for compatibility tests with JDK 10. Another ticket with ID PDFJAVA-38030 has been logged in our issue management system for the tests with JDK 11. The ticket ID has been linked with this thread so that you will receive notification as soon as JDK 11 will be supported.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Farhan, thank you for a prompt response. Actually, I mentioned JDK 11 because that’s the latest one. Oracle recommends avoiding any package in “com.sun.*” . The -jdkinternal option in jdeps simply lists classes within a JAR file that refer to internal packages from sun.

At this point, these are just warnings; eventually any code referring to com.sun.* or sun.* will not work. Try running:

jdeps -jdkinternals aspose-pdf-18.9.jar

I am about to purchase this library and want to make sure it won’t have any problems with newer JDKs.

@petarian

Please note Aspose.PDF for Java API may not have perfect compatibility with JDK 10 or 11 as it has not been tested yet. We have recorded your comments and we will configure optimized build for JDK 11 as soon as respective ticket will be scheduled. We will notify you as soon as latest JDK will be supported. We appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard.

Perfect.

The purpose of my post to get an assurance from your end that it will get fixed before Oracle stops their support for JDK1.8

@petarian

We keep the APIs up-to-date while considering latest technologies so latest JDKs will be supported before the support for JDK 1.8 is stopped by Oracle.