Presentation Load Options

Hi,

The application I work on uses Aspose.Slides in two ways:
  1. for extracting text and it’s formatting information,
  2. for inserting text back to presentation with formatting and layout retained.
It’s not accessing any multimedia content (images, audios, videos) or any objects which do not contain text.

What I wanted to ask you is if there is a way to load presentation to memory without any multimedia content? Or something like “lazy load” (load particular object only if someone access it)? That would reduce loading time and memory consumption which is often the case with large presentations.

Thanks,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

I have observed your requirements. We are looking into this and will get back to you with feedback soon.

Best Regards,

Hi Zeljko,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that at present there is no such support available to load the presentation partially. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-35725 has been added as investigation to further investigate the possibility of implementing the requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Thank you for creating the investigation ticket. I hope it will be possible to implement this feature.

Regards,
Zeljko

Hi,

Can you provide me with the ETA for this feature if it’s possible to implement?

Thanks,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

I have observed your comments and regret to share that at present the issue is still unresolved. Actually, the issue is blocked owing to missing implementation in other issue of Aspose.Slides for .NET. So, it is going to get resolved in that issue first and then in this issue. The issue is going to be resolved tentatively in Aspose.Slides 17.5.0. The issue involves complex implementation and I have also requested our product team to share further feedback regarding the issue. I request for your patience till the time further feedback is shared by our product team and issue gets resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,