Presentation size grows quicker than slide size on copy

Our system uses Aspose.Slides to store single-slide file from which users can build their own presentations slide by slide. When a user creates his presentation and tries to download it, we create new presentation and clone slides from each presentation to it.

After calling CloneSlide to put the slide into the new presentation, we call ChangeMaster to set the new slide's master to the new presentation's master. So after the process is complete, each slide has the same Master Slide.

We would expect the size of the document to grow by the size of the slide; but, what we are seeing is more indicitave of the slide's master being copied with the slide and not being removed once it's no longer referenced.

We tried calling DeleteUnusedMasters, but it did not change the file size. If we open the resulting presentation in PowerPoint and press 'Save', the file size shrinks to what would be the expected size of the presentation.

Is there anything we are doing wrong or anything we can do to get you more information?

Thank you in advance.

Is there any additional information I can get that would help this be resolved? Anything I can explain better?

Hi,

Can you please provide some working sample (that is source presentation and source code) for further investigation / evaluation?

I was hoping you wouldn’t say that. It will take a while to extract the code from the surrounding process and create a stand-alone example.

I have attached a sample project that reproduces this issue. The majority of the extra helper functions in the sample code are simply to reproduce the way that we remove the masters, but the problem persists without using the helpers. You’ll note that the input file is less than 3 MB but the output file is nearly 17 MB. When opening the output file and saving as a new .ppt file without making any changes, the size reduces to just over 3 MB.

Kyle Millns
kyle.millns@savogroup.com
Product Developer
SAVO

Dear Kyle,

I have been able to verify the observation raised by you and I feel this issue needs further attention from our development team. An issue with ID 19947 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate the problem. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

I need to escalate this issue. SAVO (our company) is currently working through a priority support agreement with Aspose. [ Presentation size grows quicker than slide size on copy ]

I need a fix and delivery date on this issue.

Please advise on how we will move forward.

Seth Goldstein
Director of Development at SAVO

Dear Seth,

In order to expedite the investigation and resolution of issue, I may suggest you to please use your available priority support slots. If you wish to move this thread to Aspose.Priority forum for expedite investigation and resolution then please share your thoughts with us, so that we can act upon accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 19947) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.