Presentation slow

I have a performance problem at the time that instantiate the object class Presentation it takes 10 seconds.

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please share which version of Aspose.Slides you are using on your end. Please also share the sample presentation, operating system specification, machine specifications and sample code used. Please share the requested information so that I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to count the number of slides in a .pps file.
My machine has rar 6GB, I5 processor 4200;
I am currently using the latest version of you, but I've used other versions.
I'm just doing it, "Presentation pres = new Presentation (fileInp)", this process takes around 10 seconds.

Thank you

Hi Yuri,

I have observed your comments and like to request you to please share with us the pps file you are working with. Also, please share with us if you are using Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.7.0 or Aspose.Slides for Java 15.7.0 on your end as well as the operating system specifications. We will be able to proceed further as soon as the requested data and information is shared by you.

Best Regards,
Good morning, I'm using Aspose.Slides for Java and PPSX files are just 20MB. information the operating system:

- Windows 8.1
- Java jdk and jre 8
- Application Java SE
- NetBeans IDE

Hi Yuri,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that when you instantiate the Presentation class object then all necessary resources are allocated and Document Object Model (DOM) of Aspose.Slides is loaded as well as the ppsx file you are loading is about 20 MB in size so that is why it is taking 10 seconds to instantiate the Presentation class object.

I hope this will clarify the concept. Please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Best Regards,
Hello,

I conduct another test with 36 KB size of the file and the problem persists. I wonder if you have a solution?

Thank you

Not trying to hijack this thread but we’ve observed slow performance instantiating Presentation objects as well regardless of the document size. The process is also very CPU intensive on the server. Using Aspose.Slides 15.7 for .NET.

Hi Yuri,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that, its not only the size of presentation that matters but the the loading of Document Object Model and allocation of all necessary resources which takes time. You may notice that the following code takes about the same time as that of the time taken while loading a 36KB presentation. I request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 15.8.0 on your end.

Presentation pres = new Presentation();

However, improving performance is an iterative process and we are working on it already. You may notice improved performance in subsequent releases.

Vadym, thank you for posting.

We request you to please make a separate post for the issues you face. If that issue is identical to some issue posted already then you may share with us the link of that particular thread so that we may ensure your issues are properly taken care of. I request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.8.0 on your end.

Best Regards,

Dear,

The version for Java Aspose 15.8 is still too slow, I wonder if the next version will fix?

Thanks

Hi Yuri,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I have observed your comments and like to request you to please share with us how did you perform the test to compare Aspose.Slides for Java 15.7.0 with Aspose.Slides for Java 15.8.0. Please share with us the code and the number of milliseconds you have observed on your end. We will be able to proceed further after this information is shared by you.

Best Regards,
Hello Adnan Ahmad,

I applied the same test he had done (described above) and the way you directed (Presentation pres = new Presentation()) but the performace continues pessima.

Thank you.

Hi Yuri,

I have performed a test and have found that Aspose.Slides for Java 15.8.0 has better performance as compared to Aspose.Slides for Java 15.7.0. Below is the code that I have used for testing and my observations are, Aspose.Slides for Java 15.7.0 is taking 3021 Milliseconds while Aspose.Slides for Java 15.8.0 is taking 2349 Milliseconds to instantiate a presentation object.

long start = System.currentTimeMillis();
Presentation pres = new Presentation();
System.out.println(System.currentTimeMillis() - start);

You may verify the same on your end and check if Aspose.Slides for Java 15.8.0 is better in performance or not, and then share your kind feedback with us.

Best Regards,
Hello Adnan Ahmad,

I did the same test with a time of 17418 Milliseconds, needed something more efficient, I get only the amount of slides from a .ppt or .pps

Thank you

Hi Yuri,

I have observed your comments and like to request you to please share with us your observations as a comparison based on which you are observing Aspose.Slides for Java 15.8.0 slow as compared to Aspose.Slides for Java 15.7.0. Please share the details so that we may investigate it further to help you out.

Best Regards,

Hey Yuri,

I also have some performance issues; I gave a quick example of my findings in this post:

http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/665127/get-all-chart-ichart-objects-in-presentation/showthread.aspx#665127

Could you maybe see if you can reproduce something similar?

Hi,

I have observed your comments and replied to the post made by you. Please follow up in this thread.

Best Regards,

Hello zone4182,

Thanks for the post, I will check.
Hello,

I wonder if you will leave more performative?

Thanks

Hi Yuri,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I have observed your comments but I have not been able to understand it completely. I request you to please explain a little if you are observing slow performance of Aspose.Slides. Please share with us your observations as a comparison, so that we may investigate it further to help you out.

Best Regards,