Preserve 3D Effects on SmartArt Graphics Object during Converting Word Document to DOCX or PDF using Java

Hi,
We are using Aspose.Total license and having some problem with the SmartArt graphic in the MS document.

I have tested this with latest java library aspose-words-20.5-jdk17.jar
simple code to reproduce:
Document doc = new Document(filename);
doc.save(filename);

Please check attachments.input_output.zip (265.4 KB)

@kalaza,

We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-20424. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Great and thanks. Will wait for your update.

Hi,
Is there any update?

Regards

@kalaza,

Yes, we have resolved your issue (WORDSNET-20424) and the fix of this issue will be included in the 20.7 (next version) of Aspose.Words. We will inform you via this thread as soon as the next version containing the fix of this issue will be released at the start of next month.

Great and thanks.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-20424) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.7 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.7 update.

Hi,
Seems the original reported bug was fixed. However I found a new issue that DOCX to PDF conversion seems still broken.

RegardsNot_Fixed_Aspose.Words_20.7.pdf (13.2 KB)

@kalaza,

You are right; Aspose.Words for Java should preserve 3D effect (shading around black boxes and a grey horizontal line at top of each box) during converting SmartArt object in DOCX to PDF. We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system with ID WORDSNET-20895 and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,
Thanks and hope to get the fix soon.
Regards.

Hi,
Is there any release coming soon with this fix?

Regards

@kalaza,

I am afraid, WORDSNET-20895 is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. There is no time frame available at the moment. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as this issue will get resolved in future or any more updates may be available. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Hi, Thanks for your reply.
We are paying for the Aspose.Total license and one of our product feature is broken because of this issue.

I am more interested to know some time frame, because we have to promise to our customers too.

Thanks.

@kalaza,

Aspose.Words currently does not support bevels and similar effects for 3D Shapes. This problem (WORDSNET-20895) actually requires us to implement a new feature in Aspose.Words and we regret to share with you that implementation of this issue has been postponed. However, the fix of this problem may definitely come onto the product roadmap in the future. Unfortunately, we cannot currently promise a resolution date. We apologize for your inconvenience.