Preserve Content Control SDT during Converting DOCX using C# | Avoid Corrupting DOCX File

I have a very simple test where I am opening DOCX document and saving it. When I try to open the output document, the document gets corrupted. The document contains section break inside structured document tag.

A sample project is attached.
SectionBreaksIssue.zip (5.9 MB)

Please let me know if you need more details.

@gkukko,

We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-19036. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@awais.hafeez do you have any update on the issue?

@gkukko,

We have good news for you i.e. WORDSNET-19036 has now been resolved. The fix of this issue will be included in the 19.9 (next version) of Aspose.Words. We will inform you via this thread as soon as the next version containing the fix of your issue will be released in next few days.

@awais.hafeez Thank you so much for the update, but this still doesn’t resolve an issue with the section break, I’m trying to load the attached Document using Aspose. Unfortunately, Content Control gets lost.

A sample project is attached.
SectionBreaksIssue2.zip (5.9 MB)

Please let me know if you need more details.

@gkukko,

We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-19173. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-19036) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.9 update.

@gkukko,

We regret to share with you that the implementation of issue (WORDSNET-19173) has been postponed (no estimate is available at the moment). We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@tahir.manzoor do you have any update on the issue?

@gkukko,

Unfortunately, your issue (WORDSNET-19173) is not resolved yet and there is no further news about this issue i.e. the implementation of the fix of this issue has still been postponed. We will keep you posted on any further updates and let you know when this issue will be resolved in future. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@gkukko,

I am afraid, WORDSNET-19173 is still not resolved and there is no further news about this issue i.e. the implementation of the fix of this issue has still been postponed. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue will be resolved in future. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@gkukko,

We have integrated the fix of WORDSNET-19173 in 20.7 version of Aspose.Words for .NET. So, please upgrade to the latest version. Hope, this helps.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-19173) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.7 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.7 update.

A post was split to a new topic: Bind Custom XML Part with Content Control containing Section Break in Word Document using C# or Java