Preserve Table Position upon Word DOC Document to PDF File Conversion using Java

Awais,

I experienced another issue with the new Word lib.

I have two documents need be merged into one: 1) a pdf as background 2) a doc with main text and signature & name.

The final pdf somehow turned into two pages. Looks the name of signature pushed 2) into a 2nd page. You can test them from your end. And please advise how the twos could be merged into one page.

Thanks,

Deansample_docs.zip (144.8 KB)

@deanhuang,

Please ZIP and attach the following Font file here for further testing:

• Klavika Light

We have managed to reproduce this issue on our end by using the following simple Java code:

Document doc = new Document("C:\\temp\\sample_docs\\bankplus.doc.doc");
doc.save("C:\\temp\\sample_docs\\awjava20.9.pdf");

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system with ID WORDSNET-21199. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

so you think it’s still a font issue?

let me confirm with my operator to see if that particular font installed.

thanks!

Thank you for the update!

@deanhuang,

Your Word document uses “Klavika Light” font and it is required to install that font on the machine for the proper rendering of this DOC document to PDF. Please ZIP and attach “Klavika Light” Font file here for further testing on our end. Thanks for your cooperation.

after installed the commercial font, the additional page issue gone.

thanks!

@deanhuang,

It is great that you were able to resolve this problem by installing required font on your end. Can you please ZIP and attach “Klavika Light” Font file here so that after further testing we may close WORDSNET-21199 on our end too?

sorry i can’t share that font since purchased by other party.

@deanhuang,

Even without this font, Aspose.Words should mimic MS Word’s behavior. We have completed the analysis of WORDSNET-21199 and the issue occurs because Aspose.Words currently pushes a floating Table overlapping the Footer, and MS Word does not. The implementation of the fix of this issue has been postponed till a later date. There are no estimates (ETA) available at the moment. We will inform you here as soon as this issue will get resolved in future. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for the update; and looking forward to your fix.