Preserving footnote in PDF

Hi,
I have a word document with footnotes that I wish to convert to a PDF. Using the code below to create a PDF,

Document doc = word.Open(“TestWordGen.doc”);

doc.Save(“MyDocument.xml”, SaveFormat.FormatAsposePdf);

//Read the document in Aspose.Pdf.Xml format into Aspose.Pdf.
Aspose.Pdf.Pdf pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Pdf();
pdf.BindXML(“MyDocument.xml”, null);

//Instruct to delete temporary image files.
pdf.IsImagesInXmlDeleteNeeded = true;

//Produce the PDF file.
pdf.Save(“MyDocument.pdf”);

It appears that the footnote has been lost as they do not appear within the generated PDF.
I am currently evaluating these components for a client. Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis

Yes, footnotes and endnotes are not preserved when saving in PDF format. We thought our components mostly deal with “business” or “transactional” documents they use footnotes and endnotes seldom and thus left them out for now.

I can implement support for endnotes relatively easy, but I’m afraid footnotes are more difficult because Aspose.Pdf does not have a concept of footnotes. I’ll post this question to the Aspose.Pdf team.

Will you be happy with some workaround such as all footnotes and endnotes are added to the end of the document or maybe embedded right into the text? I can deliver this quickly.

Hi Roman,

thanks for the reply. I realised my mistake that I had posted to the wrong forum, so reposted the question over there. Unfortunately my client requires actual footnotes in their PDFs, and the timeline is quite tight.

It would have been nice to have your components, as I believe that (other than footnotes) they would have been perfect. I hope that you will be able to provide such capabilities in the future, as I am sure it will come up again in future projects for my current client and for others.

Dennis