Primavera XML PlannedStartDate / StartDate not valid

I’m using the latest version of Aspose Tasks (8.7) to read a P6XML file and then parse the data but the Prj.StartDate and Prj.Finish date values retrieved via project.Get() are all coming back as 01/01/0001, in fact all of the project date properties come back like this. Is this a bug in the library or is there in fact a different way to get to these project date properties that is not documented (I’ve not been able to find anything anywhere as yet)?

The dates on tasks seem, so far, to be read correctly so it’s just the project level.

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated as I need to get this working ASAP.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Aspose Support team.

You are facing this issue for the reason that it is an evaluation limitation. You can test the product in full capacity without evaluation limitations by requesting a 30-day temporary license free of cost. Please try it at your end and let us know if we can be of any additional help to you in this regard.

This is a fully licenced version, as I said the dates for tasks are coming through ok, it’s just the dates for the project which are attributes called “PlannedStartDate”, “ScheduledFinishDate” and others. For whatever reason, these values in the P6XML file are not being translated into the Prj.StartDate and Prj.FinishDate properties when the xml file has been read into a Project object.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Please share your sample Primavera XML file with us so that we can investigate this issue at our end and assist you further.

Here’s a link to an xml file with project start and end dates that aren’t carried through into the aspose project object:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B31QCWOzBz6ycnBIRnhhYWFKeVk/view?usp=sharing

Hi,

We are working over this query and will soon share our feedback here with you.

Hi,

We have further investigated this issue at our end and have logged it as TASKS-34231 in our issue tracking system for further investigation by our product team. This seems to be a reading bug while reading Primavera XML files. We’ll notify you here once there is some information available in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-34231) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

That’s great, just updated and confirmed the dates are now working as expected - thanks for the quick turnaround.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Please feel free to write to us if you have any other query about the API.