Print a Word document

Hi,

How do I print a word document using Aspose.Words?

Hi

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words. You can print document using the following code.

Document doc = new Document("in.doc");
DocumentRenderer renderer = new DocumentRenderer(doc);
renderer.Print();

Also you can specify print option while printing document using Aspose.Words.Viewer. See the following link for more information.

https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/document/print/

I hope this could help you.

But note that Aspose.Words.Viewer namespace is currently in beta.

Best regards.

If I downloaded the current version would I still be able to use this feature?

Hi

Yes, you can use this feature. But as I told you this feature is currently in beta and limited technical support is provided for it.

Best regards.

I tried to test the above code. But the code freezes on the
renderer.Print() method. I am using it on an ASP.NET application. Do you have an idea when is the inclusion of the Aspose.Words.Viewer in the current release of Aspose.Words?

Thanks.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately I can’t tell you exact date when this feature will be available. Current estimate is mid 2008, but it is not very reliable. The estimate was pushed several times. See FAQ for more information.

Best regards.

Here’s one vote for moving printing up on the priority list. I’m not sure i understand why this has taken literally years to complete :frowning: One of our goals in purchasing aspose was to eliminate requiring office on servers, not implementing native document printing sure makes that difficult.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Actually Word document doesn’t contain any information about layout of document. So Aspose.Words document represents content and formatting of a document, not its layout into lines and pages. Currently we work on out own rendering engine and Aspose.Words.Viewer namespace is beta version of this functionality.

The estimate was pushed several times due to the complexity and other important features we had to work on.

Best regards.

We are happy to tell you that the new Rendering Engine has replaced the “old Viewer Beta”. The Rendering Engine can print, save as images or draw onto .NET Graphics object any document page.

Please see Aspose.Words documentation to learn more about new features.

Saving to image

In additional, new Rendering engine allows you to convert Word document to PDF directly (without using Aspose.Pdf).

Saving to Pdf

The latest version of Aspose.Words is available for download from downloads section or from NuGet