Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Print areas in exported PDF

Hi,
is there any feature in Aspose.Cells that prevents ignoring print areas while saving document to PDF.?
Something like ‘Ignore print areas’ flag in Excel.

Thanks.

Hi,

I think you may use:
pageSetup.setPrintArea(null);

Thank you.

Hi, thanks for a reply.
Actually, I want print areas to be preserved (not ignored).
I’m attaching documents:
- test.xls - source document
- test_excel.pdf - document saved with excel (‘Ignore print areas’ flag set to false) - that’s what I need
- test_aspose.pdf - document saved with Aspose.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the template files.

I have found the issue as you have described. We will figure your issue out soon.

I have logged your issue into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSJAVA-18257.

Once we figure it out, we will notify you.

Thank you.

Hi,
Can you provide me some approximate date when this issue will be fixed?
Maybe you have some workaround for this problem ?

Thanks

Hi,

Well, I am afraid, the issue is not fixed yet. We will check if we can provide you an eta for it. We will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have discussed this matter with development team and we plan to fix this issue at the end of this week
or early next week.

Hi,
thank you very much for a reply.
We’re looking forward to this fix.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 18257) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,
thank you for the fix. How to use it ?

Thanks.

Hi,

Well, you may simply download and save the version (the .jar (library) files) to your desired location @: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/entry249210.aspx

Now, you should set it into your class path (you can rename the component’s jar file if you want), add reference (import com.aspose.cells package) to your Java program and use the apis.

Kindly let us know if you have any confusion, we will clarify it.

Thank you.

Well, I know how to use library :slight_smile:
I’m asking how to use this feature (preserving print areas while saving to PDF)

Edit: Sorry, now I see they are preserved by default

Thanks.

Hi,

Good to see that your issue is resolved. And, yes, if you set print areas or page setup options in Excel file, these attributes would be rendered automatically in the generated PDF file.

Thank you.