Print Range of pages in aspose pdf for Java

Hello

I need to print a range of pages in Aspose Pdf for Java. Unfortunately, I didn’t find any way to specify the page range using aspose sdk.

I couldn’t really figure out how to use printDocumentWithSettings in PdfViewer! is it supported in current aspose java pdf ? no sdk doc, no examples and seems not yet implemented!

I really need to print range of pages for a close deadline in September, in case of not implemented feature, could you tell me the approximate date of release?

Thanks for your support.

Mohammad

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid the feature is not implemented in Aspose.Pdf for Java version. We have logged an enhancement ticket as PDFNEWJAVA-34288 in our issue tracking system for the purpose. We have also logged your concerns and will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for contacting support.

As a workaround, you can either remove certain pages from PDF file or get certain pages from input PDF file and create a new temporary document and then instantiate Document class object. Once a new object is created, pass the same object to PdfViewer class so that only particular pages are printed. For further details, please visit

Hello Nayyer,

Thanks for your prompt answer.

I already investigated this solution to use temporary document but as we work with a queue of hundreds of large pdf files with thousands of pages I noticed a critical performance dropdown with this workaround.

I noticed that an older feature logged as PDFNEWJAVA-33805 might resolve the issue! Do you have an estimation on when you are going to implement it as it's logged already since a while (ref. https://forum.aspose.com/t/80249)

Regards,
Mohammad

vdoc:
I noticed that an older feature logged as PDFNEWJAVA-33805 might resolve the issue! Do you have an estimation on when you are going to implement it as it’s logged already since a while (ref. Print pdf document with java)
Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for sharing the details and sorry for the delayed response.

The enhancement ticket logged earlier as PDFNEWJAVA-33805 is regarding missing com.aspose.ms.System.Drawing.Printing.PageSettings and com.aspose.ms.System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings classes and I am afraid this issue is not yet resolved. However I have requested the team to share the possible ETA. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

PS, please note this issue is current logged with low priority and in case you need to expedite the investigation process, you may acknowledge to move this thread to PS forum. However please note that ES/PS support does not guarantee any immediate resolution of
issues (
because it might be dependent on other issues or feature which needs
to be implemented
) but under this model, the development team
starts investigating the problem on high priority.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-34288;PDFNEWJAVA-33805) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 10.1.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.