Printing a document through ASPOSE shifts the text upwards when compared to printing through WORD

This document prints differently through ASPOSE compared to WORD.

I’ve attached the doc and the fonts that it uses.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your inquiry. After an initial test with Aspose.Words for .NET 15.11.0, we were unable to reproduce this issue on our end. We would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from the following link. Hope, this helps.

Best regards,

The 2 prints only come out the same if I open the document in WORD and untick the 'Scale content for A4 or 8.5 x 11" paper sizes" in File, Options, Advanced.

I need aspose to behave as if this option is ticked, as our customer has their templates setup with it ticked.

I may be able to work around it temporarily if I knew where the option is in the aspose API, so could you find out for me please.

thanks

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your inquiry. Do you see the same problem when converting document to PDF format using Aspose.Words 15.11.0? Please create comparison screenshot highlighting the problematic areas in Aspose.Words generated PDF or print and attach it here for our reference. We will investigate the issue further on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

I’ve attached a pdf (20151216102648684.pdf) which is a scan of a document printed in WORD (with ‘scale content for A4 or 8.5 x 11" ’ ticked) next to the same document printed through aspose.

You can see that the top line “TEST Ltd” is higher in aspose, but the bottom line “90.00” is lower in aspose. This is the effect of the scaling in WORD

I have also attached the document.

Please note that the setting:

scale content for A4 or 8.5 x 11"’

is not saved with the document.

It is a global WORD setting that I believe is stored in the registry.

Please let me know how to access this setting in your API.

This is now very urgent as we have a very unhappy customer who is experiencing this issue.

I just need to know how to access the setting in your API.

Please also note that the setting:

'scale content for A4 or 8.5 x 11"

Is ticked by default when WORD is installed, so I believe that it should also be the default behaviour of aspose printing.

This is important because our customer prints these documents on pre-printed stationary so it must line-up correctly. They have previously been printed with WORD automation, but now the move to aspose has put the prints out of alignment. They have thousands of these documents.

I’ve also attached pdfs created by aspos (Asposepdf.pdf) and Word (Wordpdf.pdf) which appear to be the same, although I note the difference in filesize). I don’t think this is an issue.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the additional information. To evaluate your issue thoroughly, I have logged an investigation ticket with an id “WORDSNET-12843” for your issue into our database. I will keep you informed via this thread of any developments. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Our customer is a big London borough, and they are very angry about this issue, so we want to resolve it very quickly.

Is there workaround ?

When can I expect a response from the investigation ?

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Currently, this issue is pending for analysis and in the queue. An issue first needs to be investigated to find the exact source of problem and then we investigate the best possible way to fix the issue. Also, when an issue is reported by a customer, it is added to the pool of current issues being worked on by our product team. Our product team work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers. We also try to resolve important issue in a timely manner. However, due to the nature of some bugs and the number of features we are working on, this doesn't always mean we can fix every bug within a short time after it's reported. We have passed your concern to our product team. So, please spare us some time for the investigation and resolution. As soon as any information is shared by our product team, we will gladly share that with you. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,