Printing and the Viewer Classes

I am developing a production application for doing “dynamic” mailmerges and printing the result. To print I guess I need to use classes in Aspose Word that are in beta testing (i.e viewer classes??). Beta testing means the classes/objects are in test - they are not production. Should I go ahead and develop my production application with classes still in test?
I don’t mean to sound negative, but I am trying to assess my options here since the tools offered by Microsoft in the problem domain seem to be lacking.
Thank You

If you want to use classes in Aspose.Word that are in beta stage, please take the following things into consideration:

1. Beta object model is a subject to change. It means class hierarchy can evolve, properties and methods can come and go and so on. So the code compatibility cannot be assured. You may need to make changes in your code when the final release will come out.
  2. Due to the fact that betas are in development and evolving, we cannot provide the same level of hotfixes and support as for the main library.

Taking all this into account you can go ahead and use Aspose.Word.Viewer in your production. If you encounter any problems you can always use Microsoft WordViewer (which is free) as your temporary backup for printing.

We are happy to tell you that the new Rendering Engine has replaced the “old Viewer Beta”. The Rendering Engine can print, save as images or draw onto .NET Graphics object any document page.

Please see Aspose.Words documentation to learn more about new features.

Saving to image

In additional, new Rendering engine allows you to convert Word document to PDF directly (without using Aspose.Pdf).

Saving to Pdf

The latest version of Aspose.Words is available for download from downloads section or from NuGet