Printing Aspose.Words.Document to PDF and added a signature at a later point

We’ve used Aspose for a couple of years now and are very happy with the product as it is, for this reason we’re also pretty sure what we’d like to accomplish is possible we’re just not sure how to manage.

We print some legal document which get delivered to people by officers of the court, these documents get signed when delivered and we recieve a signed copy. We want to replace our signed copy with a digital version.

Basically the officers of the court will tell us that they’ve signed for example a Verdict, we’ve got a PDF copy of this verdict (without the signature of the officer of the court) and want to add this signature when we’ve been informed the document has been signed & delivered.

This signature could be on the first page, last page or anywhere really.

So what I believe I need to do is Convert the Word document (created with Aspose) to PDF, normally we’d simply Save as “.pdf”. Then I think I need to somehow make a Facade on the location of the signature. I’m not sure how to place the facade correctly as it’s location varies per document as some people have a verdict with 12 pages, others with three.

If i’ve got a facade already in place in the PDF i’ll need to open the PDF file, enter the signature at the Facade and save the file as a signed document.

Are these assumptions correct and if so, how do I accomplish creating the Facade at the correct location in the first document? Can I do this with a mergefield/bookmark? (Which are known in Aspose.Words.Document but i’m not sure if these pass over to PDF).

Hi Ron,

Thanks for contacting support.

In order to sign the PDF document, please try using the instructions specified over Add Digital Signature in a PDF File (Facades)

In order to place the digital signature, you need to specify the location where the signature will be placed. In the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

Yes i’ve found this link, i’m just not sure how i’d specify the location in the PDF file while has been generated from a Word document.

Sometimes it’ll be at the bottom of the 3rd page, sometimes at the top of the 4th or in the middle of the fith.

As these documents are all generated on the fly I’d like to somehow specify a location in the word document which presists into the PDF document, like a mergefield or bookmark or something.

Then I would like to grab this location and insert the digital signature as you specified. (Although I’m wondering if a digital signature isn’t something that is related to the file rather then an actual graphical scan of a persons signature)

ValkIBS:
Yes i’ve found this link, i’m just not sure how i’d specify the location in the PDF file while has been generated from a Word document.

Sometimes it’ll be at the bottom of the 3rd page, sometimes at the top of the 4th or in the middle of the fith.

As these documents are all generated on the fly I’d like to somehow specify a location in the word document which persists into the PDF document, like a mergefield or bookmark or something.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the details.

You need to specify the location where signature needs to be placed. A workaround to determine the location can be to search for some particular character i.e. place some symbol in Word file, convert it to PDF document, find the location of particular character/symbol and place the signature at that location. For further information, please visit Search and Get Text Segments from All Pages of PDF Document

ValkIBS:
Then I would like to grab this location and insert the digital signature as you specified. (Although I’m wondering if a digital signature isn’t something that is related to the file rather then an actual graphical scan of a persons signature)
In case you simply need to place a graphical image instead of digital signature, you may consider using the approach specified over Adding Image Stamp in the PDF File