Printing Documents to Network Server

I have seen a few posting on how to print but want to know what the recommended/best method is. I have an internal intranet ASP.NET web application that will allow users to generate a mailmerge document and send the result to one of a small number of pre-selected network LAN printers. The mailmerge is a small number of records that could result into 1 - 15 documents or on rare occasions it could generate up to 50 or 100. So first of all should I generate one document at a time and send the single document to the printer or do the mailmerge for all records and send the 15 page document as one print job? Second question on whether to use the doc.Print function that is available in ASPOSE.WORDS or to use the XPSPrint API method. And if the XPS method is better, what is needed as setup to use on a server on MS Windows 2003 SP 2 w/ IIS 6.0 outside of setting up the network printers on the web server. I also am currently using Aspose Words 9.7 so should I also upgrade to the most recent version?

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your inquiry. I think, it is a good practice to first merge template document with data using MailMerge and then send this merged document as a whole to the printer. Secondly, I am afraid, you can not use XPS Print API in Windows 2003 because Windows 2003 simply doesn’t support this. However, that Xps Print API is available on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and also on Windows Vista. Moreover, please note that new versions of Aspose.Words come out at the end of every month, so, I would suggest you always use the latest version. You can download it from the following link:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,