Printing issues: not centered correctly and the bottom get lost

Hi Wei,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We found that the paper size in page setup (Worksheet.PageSetup.PaperSize) is not set. Please set the paper size
as your printer is using.

I have set the page size as “Letter” in the excel worksheet, you can see it when you open the excel in the attachment. And also when I open this excel using Aspose.cells, I can see the value of MyWorkBook.Worksheets(0).PageSetup.PaperSize is “PaperLetter(1)”, so I assume the printer will print the copy using “Letter” paper. Could you please let me know if I misunderstand anything?

Thanks,
Wei

Hi Wei,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have logged your comment in our database for investigation. We will look into it and update you. Once, there is some fix or other news for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi Wei,

The default value of Worksheet.PageSetup.PaperSize is PaperLetter, so if
the page size is not set, the value you get by Aspose.Cells is
PaperLetter.

Please check your paper in your printer is PaperLetter size (8.5 by 11 inches (216 mm x 279 mm));

Thanks for your update. I have double checked the printer paper size is letter, and also measure the printed paper size which has the same measurement as you provide.

I have uploaded two excel workbook 5468 and 5470, and scan the printing result for your comparison.

Excel 5468(Pic 5468)
#1. The first printing result is printed from Excel. (Look good)
#2. Using Aspose to open the workbook then save to PDF and print. (Look good)
#3. Using Aspose to open the workbook then print from Aspose. Printing result have two issues
a. The last line get lost.
b. The content is not quite centered, you can see the right and bottom have less space compare to the excel printing result.

Excel 5470 (Pic 5470)
#1. The first printing result is printed from Excel. (Look good)
#2. Using Aspose to open the workbook then save to PDF and print. (Look good)
#3. Using Aspose to open the workbook then print from Aspose. I don’t have missed lines for this workbook, but it is still not centered correctly.

In our product, we provide printing function using Aspose, our customers have experience the same issue, so I believe it is not just our printer setting issue. Please let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,
Wei

Hi Wei,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

We saw a difference between Aspose.Cells PDF output, Aspose.Cells Printer output and Excel output from your scan images.

We have logged your comments in our database for investigation against this issue. We will look into it and find the root cause of the issue. Please spare us some time. Once, we will have some fix or other update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi Wei,

The page size of pdf generated by our Aspose.Cells is 11.0 X 8.5
inches. The pdf may be scaled using pdf print if you do not choose page
size to “Actual size”.

Sorry, I don’t quite understand what the update means, could you please explain more? Thanks very much.

Wei

Hi Wei,

Please set the PaperSize that matches with your Printer Paper. In the Printer Setting, if the real paper size of printer is smaller than the page size of pdf, the pdf can scale. Please see the highlighted area.

Probably, MS-Excel can get the default paper size of the printer while printing.

Thanks for you update.

I don’t have the same printer setting dialog as what you post. I upload the screenshot about my printer setting, could you let me know where it gets wrong?

And also I have a question based on the screenshot you sent to me, why the document size is 8.3 11.7 inch, should Letter paper size be 8.51.0 inch, or you just use some other paper size as an example.

Thanks,
Wei

Hi Wei,

Actually, it is not an issue of printer setting but a PageSetup.PaperSize setting. If you could match your paper size with your actual printer paper size then your issue should be resolved.

The Letter size page is 8.5x11 inches as I have checked in MS-Excel.

Also I have logged your comments in our database for further investigation. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Thanks for the update.

What I understand , the PageSetup.PaperSize will read from Ms-Excel, and the value is PaperLetter(1), my printer paper size is also Letter which you can see from the printer setting screenshot I sent to you in previous update. That is where I get confused why the actual printer paper size and pagesetup.papersize are not match.

Please let me know if there is any misunderstanding or any more information I could provide to help solve this issue.

Thanks,
Wei

Hi Wei,

We have already logged your comment in our database against this issue. Please spare us some time. Once, there is some fix or other news for you, we will update you asap.

Hi Wei,

We are still investigating this issue. Could you please also measure the size of the paper by ruler. (8.5 by 11 inches) i.e (216 mm x 279 mm).

Tanks for the investigation.

I have measured the paper size using ruler which is 216mm*279mm exactly. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,
Wei

Hi Wei,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

We have logged your findings in our database. Please spare us some time. Once, there is some news for you, we will update you asap.

Hi,

Please try our latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.1.1.1

We have fixed your issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

I have tried the fix, it works great. Thanks very much for the effort.

Wei

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issue is resolved by the new fix. We have closed your ticket now. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42747) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.