Printing OpenType fonts with Aspose.Words

Are OpenType fonts supported when printing directly from Aspose.Words? I am using v9.4 which has support for OpenType fonts when creating PDF, however, the copies that I am sending directly to a printer are not correctly displaying the fonts. Is there a specific method of loading and printing the document that I need to use in order for the fonts to be displayed on the print doc?
Thanks,
Mark

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your document and fonts here for testing? I will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

I have attached a sample document. The fonts that I am having a problem with are the DINPro family. I tried uploading the fonts as well, but the upload tool did not allow it.
Thanks for looking into this.
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks you for additional information. You can zip your fonts and attach the archive here.
Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

I wasn’t really thinking, sorry about that. Attached is the ZIP with the fonts.

Mark

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Thanks Alexey,
Do you have any rough projections regarding a timeline for resolution? I need to determine if it will be neccessary to develop a work around within our process.
Mark

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, it is difficult to promise you something regarding this issue at the moment. The problem occurs because System.Drawing.Font is used upon printing documents. Unfortunately, System.Drawing.Font has limited support for OpenType fonts.
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,

I have looked through release notes for the last several releases, but I am unsure of whether this issue has been resolved or not. Would you be able to advise either way?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved and currently I cannot provide you any additional information regarding this. I added your request into my monthly report; this will push the issue up in the priority list. We will let you know once the issue is resolved.
Best regards,

Hi Andrey,
I’m just curious if the changes to how Open Type fonts are used in version 10.2 would affect the issue with Open Type fonts not printing properly.
Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the fix for this issue is not included into 10.2.0 version of Aspose.Words. We plan to fix this problem in August/September release of Aspose.Words. We will let you know once it is resolved.
Best regards,

Currently Aspose.Words uses GDI+ for fonts rendering. And GDI+ doesn’t support OpenType fonts.
Unfortunately we’re not going to switch to other fonts rendering library than GDI+ in forseeable future.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan