Printing PDF/Converting PDF to Postscript

Hi

My main goal is to print a PDF on a predefined printer without user interaction. In case the printer does not natively support PDF I would convert the PDF file to Postscript before sending to the printer.

In order to convert PDF to Postscript your .NET documentation suggests to use PdfViewer and call its PrintDocumentWithSettings method. In Java however I am not able to this: code obfuscation of the PrinterSettings class gets in the way.

1) How do I print a PDF on a specific network printer and is printing done on a separate process or is JAVA 4's API used?

2) How do I convert a PDF to Postscript?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Alessandro Damiani

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid currently PdfViewer class is not ported completely to Java version from .NET API. Our development team is already working to include the missing features in Java version.

raiffeisensg:

1) How do I print a PDF on a specific network printer and is printing done on a separate process or is JAVA 4's API used?

We have linked your request, to print on a specific network printer, to an already logged issue PDFNEWJAVA-33805.

raiffeisensg:

2) How do I convert a PDF to Postscript?

I am afraid the PDF to Postscript feature is not available in Aspose.Pdf for Java and we have logged your request as PDFNEWJAVA-33999 in our issue tracking system for implementation. We will keep you updated about the issues resolution progress via this forum thread.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal

Thanks for your effort.

[quote user="tilal.ahmad"]

I am afraid the PDF to Postscript feature is not available in Aspose.Pdf for Java and we have logged your request as PDFNEWJAVA-33999 in our issue tracking system for implementation. We will keep you updated about the issues resolution progress via this forum thread.

[/quote]

It looked like converting from PDF to PCL would be a fallback, but this is also not supported. Is that correct?

Rgds,

Alessandro Damiani

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for your feedback. You are correct PDF to PCL functionality is not supported at the moment. However, we have logged a features request for the requirements as PDFNEWJAVA-34005 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will notify you as soon as it is implemented.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Are there any update for this issue.

Hi Alessandro,

As we recently have been able to notice these issues, and until or
unless we have investigated and have figured out the actual reasons of these problems, we might not be able to share any timelines by which they will
be resolved.<o:p></o:p>

However, as soon as we have made some significant progress towards the resolution of these issues, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

Hi Aspose,

Is there a workaround to print pdf using the pdfviewer to a postscript?
Using the PdfViewer’s printDocumentWithSettings(PdfPrinterSettings pdfPrinterSettings) method. This is still not addressed in version 10.0.0.
Thanks.

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for your patience.

As shared earlier, the conversion of PDF to PostScript format is currently not supported and as we recently have logged this problem, so the development team requires little time to investigate and figure out the resolution for this issue. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-33805) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 10.1.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-33999) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 10.8.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.