Printing PDF is very slow and spool file size 10X larger than Adobe reader

We are using Aspose.pdf.dll product version:17.3.0

1. When we print the pdf file using Adobe reader it took less than 8 seconds but Aspose taking almost 1 minute 20 seconds.
    Aspose printing time is almost 10X longer time than Adobe.

2. When we print the pdf file using Adobe reader spool file size is 7.32MB but when we print Aspose pdf file spool size is 181 MB

3. The attached pdf file has only 253 pages and it took 1 minute 20s through Aspose but our most of the pdf files are more than 2000 pages.

Can you please suggest me what I am doing wrong.

Here is the code and pdf file.

Aspose.Pdf.License licensepdf = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings ps = new System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings();
ps.PrinterName = PrinterName;
licensepdf.SetLicense(“Aspose.Pdf.lic”);
PdfViewer pdfViewer = new PdfViewer();
pdfViewer.BindPdf(Inputfilepath);
pdfViewer.PrinterJobName = “PRINT ENTIRE RETURN”;
pdfViewer.AutoResize = false;
pdfViewer.AutoRotate = true;
pdfViewer.RenderingOptions.SystemFontsNativeRendering = true;
//pdfViewer.PrintDocumentWithSettings(ps);
byte[] file = System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(Inputfilepath);
using (MemoryStream memory = new MemoryStream(file))
{
pdfViewer.PrintLargePdf(memory);//, ps);
}
//pdfViewer.PrintDocument();
pdfViewer.Close();

Hi Raghava,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce same performance related problem and as per my observations, the process took 1 minute and 50 seconds to print the document. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-42448 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,
Can you please give me some idea when can I expected fix for this issue.

Thanks
Raghava

Hi Raghava,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid the issue investigation is not completed yet. We will update you as soon as our team completes the investigation and share some update.
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 14.0px} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Do you have any updates on this issue. Can you please vive me some idea when can I expected fix for this issue.

Thanks
Raghava

Hi Raghava,

Thank you for the inquiry. The linked ticket ID PDFNET-42448 is pending for the analysis and not resolved yet and we have logged an ETA request. Our product team will investigate it as per the development schedule. We will share details when a significant progress has been made in this regard.

Hi,

Do you have any updates on this issue. Can you please give me some idea when can I expected fix for this issue.
We are really waiting the fix for this issue.

Thanks
Raghava

@raomarupudi,
Unfortunately, there is no update on this ticket yet. Please note, the performance issues take more time than usual and it is difficult for us to share an ETA before the completion of the analysis phase. We have other priority issues in the queue, so please be patient and let the product team to schedule the progress on this problem. We will let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique