We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Printing PDF with embedded font

Hi Aspose,

I’m using Aspose pdf 8.5.0.0.
In my application trying to print traditional Chinese PDF document. but the output is totally different from the original file. The Chinese chars looks incomplete. I feel it doesn’t uses the embedded font. But not sure. Also if I print same file using a PDF reader output it totally Ok. So mostly it looks some issue with Aspose PDF. System nicely works for English documents.

Hi Nayana,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share the source PDF file and the code snippet so that we can test the scenario at our end. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer Shahbaz,

Thank you for the quick reply.
Here I attached the PDF file. and output.
JPG image file shows the printed output of the file. Please help us the find a fix.
Here is the code

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfViewer pdfViewerKit = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfViewer();
pdfViewerKit.BindPdf(new MemoryStream(Filebytes));
System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings printerSettings = GetPrinterSettingString(printfeatures, printername, Landscape, pclsavefolder, outputfile);
pdfViewerKit.AutoRotate = true;
pdfViewerKit.PrintPageDialog = false;
pdfViewerKit.PrintDocumentWithSettings(printerSettings);
pdfViewerKit.Close();

Hi Aspose PDF,

Any update on this issue?

Hi Nayana,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.9.1 using following code snippet and I am unable to notice any problem. For your reference, I have also attached the resultant XPS generated over my end. Can you please try using the latest release and in case you still face any problem, please share some details regarding your working environment. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

[C#]

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfViewer
pdfViewer = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfViewer();<o:p></o:p>

pdfViewer.BindPdf("c:/pdftest/0731高雄場agenda.pdf");

//create PdfViewer object and bind PDF file

//set PrinterSettings and PageSettings

System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings printerSetttings = new System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings();

printerSetttings.Copies = 1;

printerSetttings.PrinterName = "Microsoft XPS Document Writer";

//set output file name and PrintToFile attribute

printerSetttings.PrintFileName = "C:\\pdftest\\0731高雄場agenda_printoutput.xps";

printerSetttings.PrintToFile = true;

//disable print page dialog

pdfViewer.PrintPageDialog = false;

//pass printer settings object to the method

pdfViewer.PrintDocumentWithSettings(printerSetttings);

pdfViewer.ClosePdfFile();

Hi Shahbaz,

I’m happy to say that you already reproduced the error in your side. Please check carefully the printed result with original file. most of the characters missing some parts or become Bold. Please check the attachment that I highlighted some of them that can easily recognize in the file you provided with above answer.

Hi Nayana,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I have tested the scenario and I am able to
notice the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem
as PDFNEWNET-36462 in our issue tracking system. We will further
look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status
of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for
this inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

I am helping Nayana to follow up on this problem. May I know if there is some progress on it? Thanks.

Best regards,
Hulei

Hi Hulei,

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has been busy resolving other priority issues and I
am afraid the earlier reported problem is not yet resolved. Furthermore, please
note that you have reported issue under
normal/free support forum and as a normal rule of practice, issues are
resolved in first come and first serve basis; but the problems logged/reported
under Enterprise or Priority support model, have high precedence in terms of
resolution, as compare to issues under normal/free support model.

Hi Nayyer,

Thank you for the information. It helps us to understand the supporting models better.

In the mean time, do you know the root cause of this problem so that we can advise users to avoid these documents first?

Best regards,
Hulei

Hi Hulei,

As shared above, the reported issue is pending for review and development team has not started investigating it. As soon as the team starts investigating this issue, we will be able to share further insight about this problem.

Hi Nayyer,

Thank you. Please let us know when you have some information on this problem.

Another pdf printing problem (also show up incomplete characters) occurs on a pdf document with font names of Traditional Chinese characters, as shown attached. Is there some special handling needed for this type of documents?

Best regards,
Hulei

Hulei:
Another pdf printing problem (also show up incomplete characters) occurs on a pdf document with font names of Traditional Chinese characters, as shown attached. Is there some special handling needed for this type of documents?
Hi Hulei,

As per my understanding, some characters are not properly appearing when printing such document. Can you please share sample PDF file so that we can further test the scenario at our end. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

Sorry for the late reply. Please find the document as attached. The font names appear as garbage characters in an English OS. You may try opening the PDF file in a Traditional Chinese OS to see the correct font name.

Best regards,
Hulei

Hi Hulei,

Thanks for sharing the source document. We have managed to notice same issue, missing/distorted characters, while printing PDF document with Aspose.Pdf and shared the document with our development team for investigation. We will update you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

Thanks for the quick response. Please let us know if there is some fix or work around for this issue.

Best regards,
Hulei

Hi Hulei,

Thanks for your feedback. I am afraid currently we can not suggest you any workaround. You have to wait for the fix. We will notify you as soon as subjected issue is resolved.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi Hulei,

Thanks for your patience.

We are pleased to share that the issue reported earlier is resolved and its fix will be included in next release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.8.0 which is planned to release in early November-2014. Please be patient and wait for the new version.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-36462) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.8.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.