Printing through Aspose Cells in ASP.NET WCF application

We are planning to use Aspose Cells in a ASP.NET application. The “worksheet.SheetToPrinter” command works fine if we fire a print from the local machine - the machine hosting ASP.NET application on IIS (with local machine admin logged in).

However, when a user accesses and tries to print from a remote machine, an error is thrown stating that “Printer not found”.

Note that we are running .NET 4.0.

The question I have is why its behaving this way and if there is any special requirements (in terms of security privileges) that one would need in ASP.NET?

Hi,

We think on the clients you can add remote printer as virtual local printer. Of course, you would need authentication and proper rights/privileges, then using Aspose.Cells you may print on the VLP.

We think to print Directly to remote printer is hard to support.

Thank you.

Hello,

Installing any new software for VLP on production is nearly impossible as it has to go through many approval levels.

I would like to know what windows privileges would a ASP.NET application need to print to a network printer.

Thanks,
Sachin

Is there any update on this?

Hi,

As we told you, we think, on the clients you can try to add remote printer as virtual local
printer with administrator equivalent rights/privileges, then using Aspose.Cells you may print on the VLP.

I am afraid, we are not sure if there is some other way around to perform your task on the client end at the moment. We might look into it though.

Thanks for your understanding!

Amjad,

Is it possible for you to engage your engineering staff in discussions? VLP is not going to fly anywhere here and we are talking installing VLP on a server box hosting ASP.NET application.

Thanks, Sachin

Also, for VLP what is the method/software do you recommend?

Folks,

Any updates?

Hi,

1) Is it possible for you to engage your engineering staff in discussions? VLP is not going to fly anywhere here and we are talking installing VLP on a server box hosting ASP.NET application.
Well, I am afraid, we could not find a way to print on remote printer using pure/manged C# code.

2) Also, for VLP what is the method/software do you recommend?
I think you may try in Windows i.e…, use "Add printer " to install the printer. The “Add printer” can map remote printer to local printer. When using Add printer, the client must enter remote user name and password etc., the authentication is managed by the Windows.

Thank you.