Printing WebGrid

Hello,

We are using your webgrid v. 1.9.4. We would like to print the grid using the browser (do you have a better solution?), but unfortunatelly, sometimes the result is not as expected… the data sould be printed in two or more pages, but only one is being printed.

After I do some scrolling in the browser before printing, it seems to be working better. But this is not a good solution.

I’ve attached two samples: print1.pdf has being “printed” directly from the page without scroll operations; the print2.pfd after. The pdf was produced by a CutePDF printer driver, but I’ve tried with a real printer and the result is the same.

Regards,

António Carvalho

Hi Carvalho,

I think you may also try to export your grid's data to save an excel file using

GridWeb1.WebWorksheets.SaveToExcelFile(filename); and later print the file using MS Excel.

Thank you.

Hi,

You may try to set GridWeb.NoScroll = false. Then the grid will be rendered without scroll bars. And the browser will print it better.

Thank you.

Hi,

I believe you meant to say GridWeb.NoScroll=true, as this way the scrolls aren’t rendered… and actualy that’s what I’m doing right now, as you can see in the samples…

The save to excel I believe is not a good idea: it needs to have excel, save the file, don’t forget where the file is, open it in excel… too many things, too many clicks… Not a pratic thing, you know…

Regards,

Antonio

Hi,

We will research this issue and give a solution soon.

Thank you for considering Aspose.