We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Problem deploying Aspose.Cells for .NET license to visual studio web project

We are trying to add Aspose.Cells for .NET to our visual studio web project using
asposCells = New Aspose.Cells.License()
asposCells.SetLicense(Request.MapPath(".") & “…\Licenses\Aspose.Cells.lic”)
our project contains a Licenses folder with the Aspose.Cells.lic

The problem is whenever we deploy the project, Aspose.Cells.lic does not get included. This causes our website to have an error because it cannot find Aspose.Cells.lic

If we manually added Aspose.Cells.lic after we deploy, then everything works.

We have not found any reason on the web on why Aspose.Cells.lic will not get deployed when deploying the website.

Thanks

Hi,


Thanks for providing us some details.

Well, the license file is a plain XML file and you have to deliver the license file with the application. The license file (a file with .lic extension) is not copied while publishing the application in the deployment process. So, you would require to manually copy the license file to the target server. If you need the underlying license file should be deployed during the publishing process, well, I think as a workaround, you can try to rename the license file i.e., “Aspose.Cells.lic” to “AsposeCells.txt” (but never change the contents of the license file least it won’t work anymore) and change your licensing code as follows:
e.g

[C#]
Aspose.Cells.License lic = new Aspose.Cells.License();
lic.SetLicense(licfile);

[VB]
Dim lic As Aspose.Cells.License = New Aspose.Cells.License()
lic.SetLicense(licfile)

where “licfile” contains the string path for “AsposeCells.txt”.

Now, when you deploy the application as a build, the license file is also copied with the application.

Hope, you understand now and it helps you.

Thank you.

Amjad

Renaming the license file using txt allow us to deploy the web site without any errors.

Thanks

Hi Larry,


It is good to know that you are up & running again. Please feel free to contact us back in case you need our further assistance with Aspose APIs.