Problem drawings to DOCX and PDF format

Hello,

When I open the DOCX generated file by Aspose 11.10.0, I do not have the same result as the source file to format "FLAT_OPC".
I have the same problem when saving to PDF.
The drawings are not correct.

Can you explain these inconsistencies, please?

See attached documents for a concrete example:
- Aspose.xml : The source file (FLAT_OPC).

I look forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Patrice ANTOINE
Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.10.0, I managed to reproduce a couple of issues on my side. I have logged the following issues in our bug tracking system.

WORDSNET-7450: The drawings are not correct. This issue is logged to address this part of your request.

WORDSNET-7451: When I converted your FlatOpc to Pdf format on my side, for some reasons Aspose.Words 11.10.0 is throwing 'System.InvalidCastException' on my side. This issue is logged to address this problem.

Your request has also been linked to these issues and you will be notified as soon as these are resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thank you for your quick support.
I am sending you details of the problem display drawings.

1: Aspose does not read the attributes “left” and “top” if the style does not contain the tag “position: absolute”.

2: Problems of the attribute “height” if the value is negative.
<v:group style=“position:absolute;left:20;top:40;width:27;height:20” coordorigin=“0,0” coordsize=“27,20”><v:shape type="#_x0000_t19" style=“position:absolute;left:0;top:0;width:27;height:-20;flip:x y” coordsize=“43200,27025” o:regroupid=“2” path=“wr,43200,43200,692,27025,42740,26034nfewr,43200,43200,692,27025,42740,26034l21600,21600nsxe”></v:shape><v:shape type="#_x0000_t32" style=“position:absolute;left:0;top:0;width:27;height:0” o:connectortype=“straight” o:regroupid=“2” /></v:group>

<v:shape type="#_x0000_t32" style=“position:absolute;left:50;top:61;width:14;height:-20” strokeweight=“1pt” o:connectortype=“straight”><v:stroke dashstyle=“solid” /></v:shape>

3: Problems of the attribute “dashstyle” for the values ​​"dash", “dot” and “longdash.”
<v:stroke dashstyle=“dash” />
<v:stroke dashstyle=“dot” />
<v:stroke dashstyle=“longdash” />

See attached documents for a concrete example:
- Drawing.xml: The source file (FLAT_OPC).
- AsposeResult.docx : The DOCX resultwith Aspose 11.10.0.
- AsposeResult.pdf : The PDF result with Aspose 11.10.0.

Thanks for your responsiveness,

Best Regards,
Patrice ANTOINE

Hi,

Thanks for reporting these problems to use.
Patrice:
3: Problems of the attribute “dashstyle” for the values ​​"dash", “dot” and “longdash.”
<v:stroke dashstyle=“dash” />
<v:stroke dashstyle=“longdash” />
While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.10.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7474. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regarding the other problems you mentioned in 1) & 2), I am working over them and will get back to you soon.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your patience. I have tested the other two scenarios and have managed to reproduce the same problems on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged these problems as WORDSNET-7475 & WORDSNET-7476 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of these problems and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7474;WORDSNET-7475) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7451) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

Thank you for your quick support.
But I have a bug concerning <v:stroke …> parameter.
The pdf result of the “dot” attribute in the drawing are not correct.

Example :
<v:rect
style=“position:absolute;left:200;top:200;width:155;height:68” strokeweight=“1pt” filled=“f” fillcolor=“white” stroked=“t”>
</v:rect>

DrawingAspose.xml : the source file.
DrawingAspose.pdf : the result file with Aspose 11.11.0.

Thanks for your responsiveness,

Best Regards,
Patrice ANTOINE

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. I managed to reproduce this issue on my side either. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7653.Your request has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

It is to update you that on further investigation our development team came to know that they won’t be able to implement the fix to your issue WORDSNET-7450. Your issue will be closed with ‘Won’t Fix’ resolution. This means the issue will actually not be fixed but closed because in this case Aspose.Words mimics the behaviour of Microsoft Word.

This problem occurs because of a Shape node with negative height value. Microsoft Word 2010 does not preserve negative height value of Shape upon converting to DOCX format either; instead, it just sets the Shape height to zero (default value) and Aspose.Words does the same. That is why we have decided not to modify the current functionality of Aspose.Words and keep processing negative value as before.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Hi,

It is to update you that on further investigation our development team came to know that they won’t be able to implement the fix to your issue WORDSNET-7476 as well. Your issue will be closed with ‘Won’t Fix’ resolution. This means the issue will actually not be fixed. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7653) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

Hi,

Thank you for your support, the new version (13.1.0) of Aspose.Words fixes the "WORDSNET-7653" bug (The document is rendered correctly in PDF).

Thanks for your time!

Best Regards,
Patrice ANTOINE

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback on WORDSNET-7653. Rest assured, our development team is actively working on your remaining issue i.e. WORDSNET-7668 and we will inform you as soon as this is resolved.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7668) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.