Problem exporting MSWord templates (with images) to pdf

Dear All,
We have detected a possible issue with Aspose when MSWord templates are exported to PDF:

• We start with a Microsoft Word file as our template,
  • The file is read and the required fields (data) are inserted programmatically using the Open XML SDK provided by Microsoft for Office document edition,
  • The dynamically created file is perfectly read by Microsoft Word or the Office suit.

Aspose library on the other hand is unable to find the inserted images inside the document.
The reason why Aspose cannot find the inserted images is:
Inside the Word file exist several XML files describing the document, when images are inserted using Microsoft Word application the references to the images are saved in a folder that is not the same folder used when the file is edited programmatically. The Office suit is capable of understanding whichever method. Aspose normally recognized images without problems but in our special case it won’t.
Thanks a lot in advance for your kind support.
Carlos

Hi Carlos,
Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please provide sample document here for testing? I will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards.

Hi Andrey,
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I have attached a document generated by my application. By the way, the MSWord templates are managed with Office 2010.
Thanks and Best Regards,
Carlos

Hi

Thanks you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it fixed.
It seems the reason of this problem is that your DrawingML images are located inside Content Control (Structured Document Tag). So, to work this problem around you should avoid using Content Control.
Best regards,

OK Andrey, many thanks for your kind response.
Best Regards,
Carlos

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 21161) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.