I am experiencing an issue with regard to extracting OLE objects from RTF. It seems that some times this works, and some times it does not. My sample zip file attached contains three files:
- RTF with doc child.rtf: This RTF contains an embedded Word doc. This can be extracted, and there’s no problem with thisfile.
- RTF with zip child.rtf: This RTF contains an embedded zip file, and can’t be extracted. (Aspose.Words.Drawing.Shape.HasImage is true, but Aspose.Words.Drawing.Shape.OleFormat is null).
- doc with zip child.docx: For reference, this is the same file as the previous, but in docx format, and works fine (the embedded zip file can be extracted).
Also, when I open the problematic RTF in Aspose.Words and save as doc(x), the output document contains an embedded image instead of an OLE object. This is consistent with the behavior seen above.
Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.