Problem for conversion a docx into a PDF

Hi,

In my compagnie, we have bought a Aspose.total License for Java, and we want to use it for convert a DOCX document generated by another application into a PDF document.

I put my test document in attachment.

Normaly, this treatment should be automated directly after the document was generated but I have 2 problems :

- When i tried to convert it into PDF, the application crashed and we have an un-readable stacktrace, could you help me to understand why ? and did you have a solution to this problem ?
the only thing I understand in the stacktrace, it’s the word “font”, is it a font problem ?

I used this code :
try {
License lic2 = new License();
try {
// load the license file and instantiate it with Aspose.Pdf for Java object
lic2.setLicense(new FileInputStream(new File(“C:\workspace\test2\lib\Aspose\lib\Aspose.Total.Java.lic”)));
} catch (Exception e) {
ystem.out.println(e.getMessage());
}

Document doc = new Document(“C:\temp\TEST_DOCX.docx”);
doc.save(“C:\temp\TEST_DOC.pdf”);
} catch (Exception e1) {
e1.printStackTrace();
}

- After, I tried to open my document wiht MS Word and re-saved it as TEST_DOCX2.docx, and re-launch the convertion. This time the convertion works but it’s not a succes. The PDF document didn’t look like to the DOCX document.

Could you help me with this these problems ?

Best regards,
Julien
Hi Julien,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issues at my side. I have logged these issue in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issues and you will be notified via this forum thread once these issues are resolved.

WORDSNET-7292 : Exception on saving document to PDF
WORDSNET-7293 : Shapes in document has changed position on saving input document to Docx

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello,

Do you have any news about these two subjects ?

We are still blocked in the step of saving document to PDF.

But we have analysed and found that the problem of "shapes in document has changed position" was related with the shape. In fact in our case, the shape is used and has changed position when saving documents but if we replace shapes by textboxes, the textboxes are staying at the right place when saving documents.

For help you to understand what I'm talking about, I put you an exemple in the document in attachment. I don't know if it's helping you, but if you don't found a solution about this problem, we can change the used of shapes by textboxes.
But we can't escape of the first problem. We need to saved them into PDF.

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards,

Julien
Hi Julien,

Thanks for your patience. We have a good news for you that is WORDSNET-7292 and WORDSNET-7293 has now been resolved and the fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Words (v11.11.0) which is planned to be released by the end of this month (around December' 31, 2012). We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published at the end of the month.

Hello,

Thanks, we are waiting for this version.

Best regards,

Julien

Hi Julien,

Thanks for your patience. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7293) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7292) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hello,

We tryed to convert our DOCX document (doc_1_A) to a PDF document (doc_1_B) with the new release (Aspose.Words for Java 11.11.0), but there still some differences.

So we tried to save our DOCX document (doc_1_A) into another DOCX document (doc_2_A) with the new release and then to convert that document to a PDF document (doc_2_B). And the result is mutch better than before but not perfect, there still some shifts in the document.

Is it possible to remove this shifts ?

In attachment, you'll find all the document I'm talking about.

Best regards,
Julien
Hi Julien,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the issue (Contents are misplaced after conversion from Docx to PDF) at my side.

I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-7626 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.
julienfrance:
So we tried to save our DOCX document (doc_1_A) into another DOCX document (doc_2_A) with the new release and then to convert that document to a PDF document (doc_2_B). And the result is mutch better than before but not perfect, there still some shifts in the document.

Is it possible to remove this shifts ?
Could you please share some more information about "shifts"?

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7626) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.