Problem of merged cells in a table

Hi,

I’m using Aspose Word for Java 11.5.0, and trying to render a simple table with merged row/column headers, but it seems the table is not rendered as expected. I’m using Microsoft Word 2010, and I’m attaching the desired result, file generated by Aspose, and the source code. Please advise. Thanks!

Yucheng

Dear Yucheng,
Thanks for your inquiry. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. v11.5.0, I have managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system as WORDSNET-6603. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Sorry for the inconvenience faced.
Best Regards,

Hi Yucheng,
In reference to horizontal cell merging issue, as a workaround you can set row height and cell width after instantiating row and cell object as following. Hopefully it will serve your purpose. Moreover we will keep you update about issue status via this thread.

Row row = new Row(doc);
row.getRowFormat().setHeight(1);
Cell cell = new Cell(doc);
cell.getCellFormat().setWidth(1);

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.
Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

The workaround works on the simple test code, but it didn’t work on our application, probably because we have a lot of cell format manipulation in the application code. Also, I found out that this bug occurs on Aspose Word for Java version 11.2 - 11.5, so I’m currently using 11.1 which doesn’t have such issue.

Please keep me posted. Thanks!

Yucheng

Hi Yucheng,
Thanks for the additional information. We will keep you updated about the status of this issue via this thread and let you know once it is resolved.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

We have identified this issue even in the earlier versions (11.0 and 11.1) when there are more horizontally merged cells. This becomes an urgent request now because we can’t find any working version of Aspose to be used in our production application. Can you please resolve this issue or provide a patch asap? We cannot roll out our product without it being fixed. Thanks for your understanding!

Yucheng

Hi Yucheng,
Thanks for your inquiry. I would like to share that I have raised priority of above issue id to high. I will keep you updated about the status of your issue.
Meanwhile, as a workaround could you please use update updateTablelayout() method before saving your document. Hopefully it would serve the purpose.

Document.updateTableLayout();

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

Document.updateTableLayout() works when generate a .docx file. Thanks! However, I also need to save the document as a PNG image, and the workaround doesn’t work in this case. Could you confirm this bug, and any thoughts to work around it?

Thanks a lot!

Yucheng

Hi Yucheng,
Thanks for your query. It’s good to hear that workaround worked for DOCX format. In reference to PNG rendering issue, I’m afraid I couldn’t provide you any workaround for this issue. You have to wait for the fix of logged issue. I will keep you updated about the issue status.
Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

Can you give me an ETA when it would be fixed? We are under the pressure of giving our client a production release this week. Thanks!

Yucheng

Hi Yucheng,
I have verified the status of this issue (WORDSNET-6603) from our issue tracking system and regret to share that this issue is still unresolved. Currently it is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Also, at the moment I can’t provide you the ETA for this issue. However, I have requested to our development team for ETA. We will keep you updated via this forum thread.
Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6603) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.