Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Problem of slow

Hi, I'm developing a Web application with VS2005 (VB.NET) and I just bought Aspose Cell for .NET (release 4.9.0). I'm testing it in my application and in a ASPX page I added a simple button with the following few code lines (to convert an Excel file into PDF file):

Dim workbook As Aspose.Cells.Workbook = New Aspose.Cells.Workbook()
workbook.Open(PathExcel)
workbook.Save(PathPDF, Aspose.Cells.FileFormatType.Pdf)

Sometimes, I noticed a very slow loading page, as the page was recompiled every time, although no change was made. Any ideas ? where am I doing wrong ?

Regards

Stefano

Hi Stefano,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please create a sample application with your template file and post it here to show the issue. We will check it soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

It's very difficult to create a "demo" project. What I noticed is that when I stop IIS and then I start it, the first loading aspx page with aspose.cell code is very slow (not the other pages!)

Regards

Stefano

Hi Stefano,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Are you facing this issue with some specific Excel file? Please share some sample template file here, this will help us figure out the issue soon. Also, could you provide some more details like how much loading time it takes to load the page and execute the Aspose.Cells code when running the application for the first time? Also, please check how much time it takes if you comment out the Aspose.Cells code.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

the delay is not due to conversion of Excel file into PDF, but while the page is loading/showing (no Aspose.Cell code is executed). The delay in loading the page is about 4-5 seconds, if I comment Aspose code the page is loading almost instantly as the other pages. I have the same delay when I re-run program after some minutes that I do not run the program.

Regards

Stefano

Hi Stefano,

Well, it will be slow for the first load of the page.

1) When saving pdf file first time, we have to load some fonts info from the machine. It might take some time.

2)You said: “I have the same delay when I re-run program after some minutes that I do not run the program”.
Well, if the time is greater than the idle timeout, the IIS will shutdown the worker’s processes. So, it will be same as the first visit. Please change idle timeout of the IIS AppPool. Please check the doc:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa720391(VS.71).aspx

3)If you are using IIS 7, maybe you can check http://www.iis.net/download/applicationwarmup for reference.

Thank you.

Hi,

OK for 2) and 3) point, but as I said the delay is not due during the conversion of Excel file into PDF (point 1) but the first time that the page is loading. If I remove Aspose.Cell code and shutdow and then restart IIS I haven't any delay in the same page.

Regards

Stefano