Problem rendering table through DocumentBuilder.InsertHtml()

hi,

I am not able to render the table format correctly in word as well as pdf through DocumentBuilder.InsertHtml(). also i am not able to get the table border color. i have aleady send mail about this issue. i am using Aspose.words.dll(version 4.0).still i am not able to get solution for this. As u already told that u have reconstructed on tables in latest Aspose.Words.dll. but i am unable to get solution. so please give me some more information on this issue.

could u please help me to solve my problem.

I am attaching the word and pdf file along with html view(sampletable.bmp). for your reference.

Thanks and regards,

I. Prabharan

Thanks for attaching the files illustrating the problem. Please give me some time to research the issue. I will post back when I am finished.

Best regards,

hi,

I am not able to render the table format correctly in word as well as pdf through DocumentBuilder.InsertHtml(). also i am not able to get the table border color. i have aleady send mail about this issue. i am using Aspose.words.dll(version 4.0).still i am not able to get solution for this. As u already told that u have reconstructed on tables in latest Aspose.Words.dll. but i am unable to get solution. so please give me some more information on this issue. Tables are shrinked in word document after taking the latest version of Aspose.Word(version 4.0).

could u please help me to solve my problem.

I am attaching the word and pdf file along with html view(sampletable.bmp). for your reference.

Pls give me solution to this problem as early as possible.

Thanks and regards,

I. Prabhaharan

The attachment does not contain html for testing.

Nevertheless, I have tested html import of the table with html that you have posted here:

https://forum.aspose.com/t/123816

It seems to contain the similar table. I have used Aspose.Words 4.0 beta for testing. The import and subsequent PDF conversion seem to be totally ok. See the results in the attachment.

Best regards,

Hi,

We need to go through the results file but couldn't find anything attached, please forward the results file again at the earliest.

thanks and regards

Prabhaharan I

Yes, I can see that the file attachment failed due to some problem. I have reattached the file.

Best regards,

We regret to say, that even in this message, we couldn't see any attachment. Please check and resend.

Thanks and Regards

Prabhaharan I

Not in the last message. It is attached to the previous message.

hi,

Thanks for the immediate reply. First i would like to clearly say what exactly the problem we are facing

I am using Aspose.Words.dll(version 4.0 beta) and Aspose.Pdf.dll(version(3.1.7.0)

I have three issues

1)In Word document the table is shrinking (please refer the file Table-shrink.doc)

2)In Word document the table is shrinking and once if i expand the table manually then the border is coming ,but border color is not coming.(please refer the file Table-shrink.doc)

3)In pdf the table is rendering correctly without shrinking,but the border color and boder size is not coming(please refer the file pdf-output.pdf)

I am rendering HTML contents by means of builder.InsertHtml( ) of Aspose.Words .After that i am saving that into pdf object by means of Aspose.Words.document.save(stream,saveFormat).

Following is the code i used for conversion from word to pdf :

Dim ObjMemoryStream As New System.IO.MemoryStream

doc.Save(ObjMemoryStream, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.FormatAsposePdf)

Dim tmpPDF As New Aspose.Pdf.Pdf

tmpPDF.BindXML(ObjMemoryStream, Nothing)

ObjMemoryStream.Close()

Following is the HTML code:

Rama killed Ravana

Mysore is city of palaces

Bangalore is capital of Karnataka

Sita married Rama

Pandava won the war

I Live in mysore

Ajuna killed karna

Arjuna

Delhi is capital of India

And if we use Aspose.Words.dll(version 3.7.1.0) then the table shrinking is not there,but when we use Aspose.Words.dll (version 4.0 beta) the table is getting shrinked in Word document.

And i would like to know when will be the next release of Aspose.Words.dll and Aspose.Pdf.dll to overcome the existing problems.We need to solve this issues as early as possible.Expecting for your immediate reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Prabhaharan.I

I have converted the provided HTML to DOC and then exported it to PDF using Aspose.Words 4.0 beta. The results are in attachement. As far as I can see there table shrinking problem does not occur here, but several other problems are present:

1. borderColor=#ff66ff is ignored during HTML import. That attribute is not currently supported. I will log it to our defect base and we will try to fix it in one of our next releases.

2. The table border is imported with 'outset' line style, although it is actually 'single' and is displayed like 'single' in the browser. That is how MS Word 2003 does it and we have to mimick MS Word's behavior.

3. The table border is not exported correctly to PDF. That will also be logged to our defect base.

Meanwhile, please try to use a simpler formatting for you tables.

Best regards,