Problem saving word document to FormatAsposePdf

Hello,
I’m getting “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” saving the attached word documents to Aspose.Word.SaveFormat.FormatAsposePdf. Following is the code that throws the exception,

new Aspose.Word.Document(path).Save(tempPath, Aspose.Word.SaveFormat.FormatAsposePdf);

Could you please let me know why this is happening?
Thanks,
Juno

Hi,

Thank you for the report.

At the moment we are looking into the issue and either fix it in the forthcoming (early next week) hotfix or tell you how to workaround it shortly.

The first document (with misc text) had some space characters before end of row characters and this is not supposed to be happening in Word documents, but I changed the code to load documents okay in this case. So the document loads, but I’m afraid it might be a bit too complex for the PDF conversion. At the moment Aspose.Pdf throws “cell width is too small” for the table that contains project details. If I make the first column in that table wider, Aspose.Pdf seems to hang on this file altogether. I’ve reported this to the Aspose.Pdf team, hopefully they will come up with a fix soon.

The second document (about SQL server) turned out to have some images stored in a way that we’ve never seen before. Anyway, I fixed Aspose.Word to load these images okay.

These fixes be released in Aspose.Word 3.0.2 soon.