Problem switching between worksheets

While you are looking at the other issues, it appears that if you switch between worksheets without first saving or running the formulas, the control does not save the contents of the worksheet you are leaving.

For instance, if you enter data on ExcelControl.WebWorksheets (0) and the user clicks on a different worksheet in the workbook, when you return to the original worksheet, there is no data.

I will confirm the scenarios behind this, as I just discovered the problem late last night.

Tim Trahan
Technical Lead
Operations Audit Team
Hilton Hotels Corp.

Hi Tim,
I think that any changes in the webpage need an explicit “submit” action. So we provide a “save” button and a “check” button to complete this action. And we will evaluate your question to decide wether to change this design.
Thanks.

The problem is, that changing worksheets IS an explicit submit action. There’s no way I am going to be able to stop my users from wanting to go from one worksheet to another without explicitly pressing the save button.

They will expect to be able to navigate between worksheets (perhaps to copy contents) without having to save and have the data persist. I would agree with this expectation myself.

I see no reason since it’s already posting back, it should not maintain its sate.

Tim Trahan
Technical Lead
Operations Audit Team
Hilton Hotels Corp.

Hi Tim,
Ok, we have accept to make this change. This feature will be added in the next release.