Problem using Aspose.Word with Python and JPype

I try to run the python example as supplied on your website (Python|Aspose.Words for Java), but when I try to run the example I get the following error:

TypeError: duplicate base class com.aspose.words.ë6$$Static

This exception is thrown when the class DocumentBuilder is being loaded. Other classes like Document are successfully loaded.

I use Ubuntu 13.10 and tried several version of Java (1.6, 1.7, 1.8), Python (2.6, 2.7) and JPype but all result in the same exception.

Hi Wouter,

We are investigating this issue and will update you soon.

Best Regards,

For my current project I’m also trying to use the Aspose.Word library in combination with JPype.

I experience the same problem as wouter-1.

As soon as the DocumentBuilder class is mapped using DocumentBuilder = jpype.JClass(“com.aspose.words.DocumentBuilder”) a TypeError is raised (TypeError: duplicate base class com.aspose.words.ë5$$Static)

I'm experiencing this problem using xubuntu (13.10), python both 2.7 and 3.3, and openjdk-7-jdk

Is there any information about the investigation what is causing this, or even better, a known solution?

Hi Bram,

This is working on Windows. We will try at Ubuntu and let you know. It will take one more day. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammed,

Did you manage to reproduce the problem using Ubuntu, or do you need additional information?

Best Regards.

Hi Bram,

I have set up the same environment and testing this scenario. I will update you about my findings shortly.

Sorry for the delay.

Best Regards,

Hi Bram,

I was able to reproduce this issue on the same environment. We are working on this issue and share a workaround soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Did you manage to find a solution or workaround that would tackle this issue?
Up till now I was able to work around this issue, but it's becoming an impediment more and more.

Hi Bram,

Sorry for the delay. Some more testing is required. We will share more details with you tomorrow.

Best Regards,

[quote user=“muhammad.ijaz”]

Hi Bram,

Sorry for the delay. Some more testing is required. We will share more details with you tomorrow.

Best Regards,

[/quote]

As tomorrow is now over 4 months ago!, is there any update to the status of this problem?

Hi Bram,

Sorry for the delay. I was not able to reproduce this issue with the latest version. Can you please try the latest version and let us know if you still see this issue?

Best Regards,