Problem when switching from Cells 7.1 to 8.7

Hi,

I have 2 problems.

The first is related to the switch we made from 7.1 to 8.7.1
The second is related with list as nested objects that is a feature of 8.7 (maybe was introduced in 8.6 but nevermind).

In the attached “Template.xlsx” there is a worksheet named “Summary” where you can find the first problem.
With the Smart Markes “&=Details.FatherName” and “&=Details.ProductName(skip:1)” I wan to produce

FatherName
Total-----
Father2Name
Product1
Product2
Total-----

But if you look in the “offerExcel.xlsx” the products gets printed like this

FatherName
Total-----
Father2Name
Total----- Product1
Product2

This template was fully working with version 7.1

The second problem is exposed in the worksheet named "Collateral"
where I took the list as nested objects example and changed a little the template.

What i wanted to achieve is to have something like this

Husband1
H1’s wife1
H1’s wife 2
Husband2
Husband3
H3’s wife 1
H3’s wive 2

But it prints first all the Husband then all the wives. How can I print it like I want to?

Thanks for you help.

Hi,

Thanks for the template files and details.

We will soon evaluate your issue by some dummy data. But we appreciate if you could provide two working solutions with output files (i.e., runnable applications: one with v7.1.x and other with 8.7.1.x, you may zip the projects prior attaching them) with your specified data. It will help us really to look into your data precisely to consequently figure it out soon. We will surely log a ticket (after confirming the issue) for our product team’s investigation.

Thank you.

Hi thanks for the reply.

For the first problem I think I cannot provide a working example since it is a part of a very large program.

For the second problem just use the code of your “Using generic list as nested objects” sample code.
Hi,

alessandro.lensi:
For the second problem just use the code of your "Using generic list as nested objects" sample code.

I have tested your scenario/ case a bit using the sample code mentioned in the document (under "Using Generic List as Nested Object" sub-topic) with our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.7.1.3 (please try it). I have also attached the sample project with complete code (runnable) in the zipped archive for your reference. I found it works fine and as expected, the output file is fine tuned. If you still find any issue with v8.7.1.3, kindly do provide a similar sample project (as mine), zip it and attach it here to show the issue with all the files. We will check it soon.

alessandro.lensi:
For the first problem I think I cannot provide a working example since it is a part of a very large program.

I am afraid, unless we have your sample project with both v7.1.x and v8.7.1.3 with input and output files, we cannot evaluate your issue properly. We appreciate if you could create simple sample projects with your specified data and provide us here to reproduce the issue, we check and log appropriate ticket(s) for the issue, so your issue(s) could be fixed soon.

Thank you.
Amjad Sahi:
Hi,

I have tested your scenario/ case a bit using the sample code mentioned in the document

You have to strip out the part where you define the template and use my template to see the problem.

Hi,

Well, your template file is not right. You have to put all the markers in the same row for nested objects, so Aspose.Cells could take them as nested markers for generic lists. I have corrected your template file and attached it here, please find it attached for your reference. I have tested using the updated file and it works fine now (see the third sheet in the output file).

Thank you.

That’s not the behaviour I want to achieve, but thanks a lot for the reply.

Is there any way to achieve what I’ve listed in my template?

Hi,

Well, I am afraid, to work with Smart Markers for nested object in Generic Lists, you got to insert the Markers in the same row, so Aspose.Cells could work properly and accordingly.

Thank you.