Problem while Converting PPTX/PPT to PDF

Hi Team,

While converting PPTX/PPT to PDF using Aspose.Slides on UNIX environment ,PDFs are generated without text while on windows environment conversion is without errors.

It seems problem with the fonts supported by environment which we are using.

Is Loading fonts externally helpful in this issue?

If so, can you help with the fonts file or any reference from where can we get it?

Thanks,

Ashwini

Hi Ashwini,

Thank you for posting.

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that it does not appear to be a problem with Slides API but with the fonts. You may try copying the installed fonts from windows environment and install them in UNIX environment to sort out the problem.

I hope this will be helpful. Please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Best regards,

Hi Team,

Thanks for you comments,

Somehow it is not possible to install fonts directly on Linux as this is not personal system. Is there any source from where we can get Fonts file?

Thanks and Regards,

Ashwini

Hi Ashwini,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that you may try loading the fonts without installing them, as explained in this documentation article. Or, you may download fonts from any source over the internet.

Please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Best Regards,

Hi Team,

We have resolved this issue by loading fonts file externally as mentioned by you in previous comment, However the documents with Japanese and Chinese content in it are not getting converted properly on UNIX environment (Documents are converted properly on Windows Env).

Can you suggest fonts to be included for these two?

Environment details are given below-

1. JDK version we are using is jdk1.7.0_65
2. Unix version is Solaris 10 9/10 s10s_u9wos_14a SPARC

Regards,
Ashwini

Hi Ashwini,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are glad to know that things have started working on your end. For issue with Japanese and Chinese content, please copy the related font from Windows environment and then try loading it externally in UNIX environment. Hopefully, this will be fixed as well.

Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be pleased to help you further.

Best Regards,

Hi Team,

We have implemented this on our side and is working well, but we are encountering problems with languages which are written right to left for ex. Arabic , Hebrew languages , the generated text have misplaced words in it.

Please find attached files generated(You can refer for Hebrew in attached), and kindly suggest solution if any.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashwini

Hi Ashwini,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that I have not been able to notice the issue with Hebrew language, see attached image. The text in PDF is appearing the same as in the presentation. If there is a difference then please specify on which slide the problem is. Have you tried loading the problematic font while rendering the presentation? Please let us know if the issue persists after loading the Hebrew font, we will be pleased to help you further.

Best Regards,

Hi Adnan,

We have loaded all the fonts required for the language.There cannot be seen difference but the problem is when i try to translate the content of both on google translate, there is discrepancy in original text (of PPT) and PDF content.

Please find the Screenshot attached for more understanding of problem.

Regards,
Ashwini

Hi Ashwini,

Thank you for making it clear.

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that a ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-35397 has been logged into our issue management system for further investigations. We will share our findings with you, or we will notify you as soon the issue will be fixed.

Best Regards,
Hi Ashwini,

Thanks for you patience while we were investigating the case. We've managed to get correct output to PDF file, but there's quite specific situation with the presentation itself. Please read further for details.

1. Left side bullets with right-to-left text is a strange combination, but it's manageable. We've made an adjustment to Aspose.Slides to handle it. This fix will be available in Aspose.Slides 16.8 release.

2. The text on the slide #20 with hebrew language doesn't look correct. We consulted with a native speaker and he said that the text as it is in the original presentation you sent us has some issues with its meaning. The word "המאושרת" is misplaced as well as full stops are positioned wrong.

The further investigation showed that the presentation has some missing data in its structure. None of the textboxes in presentation has a record with Lid (Language id) specified. As well as undefined Bidi (bidirectional/right-to-left) flag.

A small note. In ideal situation every text fragment should have its Lid specified. This value comes from current language settings of operating system when user inputs text manually, or it is extracted by PowerPoint from clipboard text properties during text pasting (but that is not always possible and it looks like your case). Missing or wrong Lid value can result a misinterpretation of text content - that's more likely be an issue of right-to-left languages, so in the original presentation only the slide with hebrew language faces this problem.

We added this missing data to the slide #20 and that works. The presentation started looking better in terms of language sense (the word "המאושרת" and full stops are placed correctly). Also now it looks the same in PowerPoint, in PDF file exported from PowerPoint and in PDF / image files exported from Aspose.Slides.

Here at that point we kindly ask you if it is possible please share with us the information about the purpose of the presentation.
1. Is it a test file to check languages are handled correctly by your service or/and Aspose.Slides?
2. Is there a chance you'll get another presentation with hebrew text from computers without hebrew language installed?

If you get this problem again and decide to fix Lid/Bidi values in presentation file, we can investigate how to automate the process once you request it. For now we hope that you can use corrected version as it is. Please notice once again: we didn't change the text itself, we just add a few missing records to ppt file structure.

You can find the corrected file attached.

Best Regards,

Hi Ashwini,

Can you please share the information so that our product team investigate issue in detail to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-35397) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.