Problem with Aspose.Grid license

Hi

I have applied the necessary code in my main form load routine as below. I get no error messages but I still get the Evaluation Copyright warning - can you advise please...

Regards

Bob Hamill

Private Sub frmMain_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Dim license As Aspose.Grid.Desktop.License = New Aspose.Grid.Desktop.License()

license.SetLicense("Aspose.Grid.lic")

Me.Timer1.Start()

If Me.rbARCBL.Checked = True Then

strCnnCompany = "Data Source=RJH-DEVELOP;Initial Catalog=CBLSETTINGS L100;Integrated Security=True"

Else

'

End If

FillARSelections()

End Sub

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Which version of Aspose.Grid you are using? Please check the expiry date of your license and make sure that the version (which you are using) is not released after your subscription expiry.

Thank you.

Hi

I purchased Aspose.Grid last week and downloaded the latest version - 1.9.2.0

I was sent the license last week also - please find attached

Regards

Bob

Hi Bob,

I think the problem is caused by that your application doesn't find the license file. You can try one of following approaches to solve it:

1. Call the license code with explicit path, for example:

license.SetLicense("d:\lic\Aspose.Grid.lic")

2. You can also build the license file as an embedded resource. Then you don't need to change your code.

Hi

I have now tried both - explicit path and embedding - I still get the Evaluation Copyright Warning - what next?????

Regards

Bob

Hi Bob,

Please put license code before creating your form. For example:

static void Main()
{

Aspose.Grid.Desktop.License lic = new Aspose.Grid.Desktop.License();

lic.SetLicense("Aspose.Grid.Lic");
Application.Run(new Form1());
}

Hi

Thanks for reply. I am using VB.NET 2005. The Aspose license code is in the Form Load event - I thought this was the first event I could load this in - is there a better place?

Regards

Bob

Please click Program.cs in your project. Then you can put the SetLicense code before creating forms.

Hi

Just to repeat, the program is not written in C - it is in VB.NET 2005, that means I don't have Program.cs. Can you tell the me the equivalent in VB.NET, and I'll put it there

Regards

Bob Hamill

Hi Bob,

Sorry, my fault. Please put the code on here:

Public Sub New()

Dim lic As Aspose.Grid.Desktop.License = New Aspose.Grid.Desktop.License()

lic.SetLicense("h:\aspose.grid.lic")

' This call is required by the Windows Form Designer.
InitializeComponent()

' Add any initialization after the InitializeComponent() call.

End Sub

Hi Lawrence

Thanks for the code - sorry for being a 'wee bit thick', but where do I put this code - Form Load seems to be the first thing that runs, how do I get this code to run prior to Form Loading

Regards

Bob

Hi Bob,

Click "Form1" on top of window, then click "New". You will see:

Public Sub New()

' This call is required by the Windows Form Designer.
InitializeComponent()

' Add any initialization after the InitializeComponent() call.

End Sub

It's automatically called before form load event.

Hi Bob,

Attached is the screenshot for you.

Thank you.

Thanks very much Laurence, that's it working now - I appreciate your patience and help.

regards

Bob Hamill

We have added code in program.cs and we still getting the Evaluation message, can someone guide us, how can we proceed?

To use GridDesktop, I am using Aspose.Cells license, please let me know is that ok or not?

Team

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

You will have to set the license separately for Grid Controls. Please go through this documentation article and see the subtopic.

Setting License in Aspose.Cells Grid Controls

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Licensing