Problem with barcode field using Aspose PDF

Hi,

I have a few problems when try to fill-up a barcode filed in PDF template using latest version of Aspose PDF for .net (latest version).­ Please see list below:

1. FDF, XFDF, XML imports does not update barcode field.

2. If I change value of field using form.FillBarcodeField it dose update barcode value but barcode looses it’s face and reset from Ssymbology type MacroPdf417 to very regular Code 128 when I save form.

3. When open saved form Message appears – “ This document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available”.

I found on you forums that id Use same file when creating form message does not appears. It is really so.

But main problem is lost face of barcode. Cal you please make any suggestion how to fix this problem or investigate this case

Thank you very much

Best Regards,

Michael Narski

</o:p>

Do Process Software

123 Front Street West, Suite 700

Toronto, ON

M5J 2M2

416.322.6111 x2529
<o:p></o:p>

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will appreciate if you please share your sample form and sourced barcode data here, so we will investigate the issue ad will provide you more information accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Attached file is one of the files I have a problem with.
Thanks you very much…

Hi Micheal,

Thanks for sharing your source PDF form. I am afraid currently you can fill barcode field with barcode 128 only. If you want to use other Barocde types then You might consider creating a Barcode image using Aspose.BarCode and then adding that image to the field as following. Hopefully it will help you to accomplish the task.

Document pdfDocument
= new Document(myDir+“Final+Report2.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

//get a field

TextBoxField textBoxField = pdfDocument.Form["BarcodeFinalReport"] as TextBoxField;

//modify field value

//textBoxField.Value = "Value to be filled in the field";

System.Drawing.Image img = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(myDir + "barcode.jpg");

textBoxField.AddImage(img);

//save updated document

pdfDocument.Save(myDir+"output_barcode.pdf");

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi There,

Thank yo very much for your quick investigation. It just confirms our concern.
Unfortunately documents provided by our third party partners. It is not a good idea to change document which don’t own. Perhaps we need to talk to our partners see if they agree to do such modification.
Thank you very much anyway.

Best Regards,<o:p></o:p>

Michael Narski

Do Process Software
123 Front Street West, Suite 700
Toronto, ON
M5J 2M2
416.322.6111 x2529

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your feedback. We have also logged your reported issue in our issue tracking system as following for further investigation as following. We will keep you updated about the issues resolution progress.

Feature:

PDFNEWNET-37042: Support of Barocode types other than 128.

Bug:

PDFNEWNET-37043: FDF, XFDF, XML import/export does not update barcode field.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,