We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Problem with converting russian hyperlinks

Hello!
There is a problem when converting docx to pdf with hyperlinks that contains russian symbols.

I have docx file 111.docx with the folowing hyperlink : \\balnps\docum\Цеховые\Электронные версии документов\02 Работа с персоналом\01 Док-ты по
организации работы ОДО\01 Положение об ОДО, должностные инструкции персонала\Перечень
документов, которые должен знать персонал ОДО\ПР.ДИ.ОДО.01.xls
When i convert this file to pdf using this code

Document doc = new Document(“C:\Users\Ekimlyuk\Desktop\111.docx”);
doc.save(“C:\Users\Ekimlyuk\Desktop\111222.pdf”);

the hyperlink in pdf turn into

file://balnps/docum/%D0%A6%D0%B5%D1%85%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%8B%D0%B5/%D0%AD%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5%20%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%B8%20%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%83%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%B2/02%20%D0%A0%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B0%20%D1%81%20%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%BC/01%20%D0%94%D0%BE%D0%BA-%D1%82%D1%8B%20%D0%BF%D0%BE%20%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B3%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%B0%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B8%20%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%8B%20%D0%9E%D0%94%D0%9E/01%20%D0%9F%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5%20%D0%BE%D0%B1%20%D0%9E%D0%94%D0%9E,%20%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B6%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5%20%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BA%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B8%20%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B0/%D0%9F%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%87%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%8C%20%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%83%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%B2,%20%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%8B%D0%B5%20%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%20%D0%B7%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%8C%20%D0%BF%

But when i do “save as” with choosen pdf in word, the result in 111222.pdf is normal, like the original hyperlink.
image.png (22.1 KB)

The question is what i have to do, to have the same result as when i do “save as” ?

(sorry for my en, but this is very important issue for me)

@Ekimlyuk

Thanks for your inquiry. Please ZIP and attach your input Word document here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Here is the file.
file.zip (10.7 KB)

And i would like to pay your attention on the way i convert in word:
image.png (14.0 KB)
I mean exactly “Save as”, as i marked on the screenshot. (not “Save as Adobe PDF”)

@Ekimlyuk

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-17639. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@Ekimlyuk

Thanks for your patience. It is to inform you that the issue which you are facing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue (WORDSNET-17639) as ‘Not a Bug’.

The links in MS Word and Aspose.Words PDF outputs are the same. The only difference is that in Aspose.Words output the URI is written in ASCII and non-ASCII chars are escaped and in MS Word output the URI is written in UTF8 encoding. Both variants of the URI seems to be handled fine by all PDF viewers.

Please note that PDF specification states that URI should be written in ASCII and escaped. So Aspose.Words output conforms to the specification.